FYI-Penasco property tax 2015

mondone

Whitecaps
I just got word from the person who pays my taxes for me that the city is no longer accepting American checks for payment.

Roberto

Any word if they will take dollars?? It will be a major nightmare for those paying multiple bills if they demand pesos. Hard to get them in quantity anymore.

mondone

Whitecaps
Any word if they will take dollars?? It will be a major nightmare for those paying multiple bills if they demand pesos. Hard to get them in quantity anymore.
They will except dollars or pesos. They only give a 12.00 exchange rate so your better off exchanging your dollars else where for a better rate. My person got 13.20 today.

mexicoruss

Lovin it in RP!
Let's see Roberto.....you live in Mexico and you wonder if they will take dollars? Try to pay for anything in AZ with pesos.

JimMcG

I was always surprised that they ever accepted American checks but they did, along with US credit cards which always gave a better rate of exchange than the nominal, municipal counter rate.
Taxes are paid at the government building, now located adjacent to, and north of the railroad tracks, due north from the old government building on Fremont, while trust fees are paid to the bank holding the trust.I still think that there is a 15% discount on taxes if paid in early in January.

mexicoruss

Lovin it in RP!
I'm not snotty, well a little as I have the gripa like everyone else. It is tru though, you can't pay for anything in the states with pesos except for a burger in the Nogales Az McDonald's - I still deposit USA checks into my peso account, which is fine....I pay all my bills in pesos, that's what they ask for. Mexico will quit accepting dollars very soon in the future I think!

Have the taxes changed much this year vs last? With all the new concrete roads being built, I would be very surprised if they weren't 25% more.

I always pay with Peso's because I never liked the biased exchange rates. Getting 13-13.5 in town vs the 14.7+ via the currency exchanges is awful.
There should only be a 1/2 peso or a 3-5% mark up vs the 9-10% most places are charging. The places still giving people 12-1 are #$@^& :eek:.

I always ask the exchange rate, if it's .3-.5 less than the real rate, (and under $100), I will pay in dollars, if not ,out come the pesos.

ron6639

Only good days
I was in Penasco this past week. I go to the ATM and got 6000 pesos at an exchange rate of 14.6/1 I paid my taxes, water and electric. Still had plenty left to buy Mexican junk

mondone

Whitecaps
Anyone know if the city is accepting payments online this year, 2016? Rocky Point 360 had an article and a link in their e-mail newsletter a few days ago saying they were, but the link did not work and the page is since no longer found.

jerry

Pay in January During January, the 15% will be deducted; February and March 10% 5%, the treasurer Irina Martínez Franco
Caborca, they are; 5 January 2016.- In an effort to contribute to the economy of the families of Caborca, the government headed by Mayor Karina Garcia Gutierrez announced the implementation of a plan of discounts for prompt payment for the property tax.
The municipal treasurer, Irina Franco Martinez, reported that compliant taxpayers to cover annuity that charge during the month of January will receive a discount on the basis of property up to 15%; in February it will be 10% and in March by 5%.
"With this discount plan we are rewarding the compliant taxpayers who are aware of this obligation, which is why in response to the instruction of the municipal president Karina Garcia is intended to benefit this important sector of the community, "he said.
The municipal official, said that in order to benefit the largest possible number of taxpayers, those seniors who have the senior card will also be subject to a discount, but this will be up to 50%.
Furthermore, also a discount of 100% in surcharges, to those covering the total property tax arrears, in addition to the percentage set in the first three months of 2016.
"We need taxpayers approach the treasury department to pay property taxes, so we are offering a number of facilities that can meet this tax liability, "the city treasurer.
Currently in Caborca you have a record of 47.657 grounds of which, 23,287 have a delay in the payment of property tax, which represents 49% of total holdings

gup

Pay in January During January, the 15% will be deducted; February and March 10% 5%, the treasurer Irina Martínez Franco
Caborca, they are; 5 January 2016.- In an effort to contribute to the economy of the families of Caborca, the government headed by Mayor Karina Garcia Gutierrez announced the implementation of a plan of discounts for prompt payment for the property tax.
The municipal treasurer, Irina Franco Martinez, reported that compliant taxpayers to cover annuity that charge during the month of January will receive a discount on the basis of property up to 15%; in February it will be 10% and in March by 5%.
"With this discount plan we are rewarding the compliant taxpayers who are aware of this obligation, which is why in response to the instruction of the municipal president Karina Garcia is intended to benefit this important sector of the community, "he said.
The municipal official, said that in order to benefit the largest possible number of taxpayers, those seniors who have the senior card will also be subject to a discount, but this will be up to 50%.
Furthermore, also a discount of 100% in surcharges, to those covering the total property tax arrears, in addition to the percentage set in the first three months of 2016.
"We need taxpayers approach the treasury department to pay property taxes, so we are offering a number of facilities that can meet this tax liability, "the city treasurer.
Currently in Caborca you have a record of 47.657 grounds of which, 23,287 have a delay in the payment of property tax, which represents 49% of total holdings
"The senior card holder will receive and additional tax discount."
Does this mean that a gringo can show his driver license and receive same? Or is this just for nationals?

For the life of me I don't understand why people are not using the ATM MACHINE AT Si bank on calles 13 (lowest fees in R.P .) I doubt that the city is going to give you the current X rate of 17 pesos/u.s. $.

MIRAMAR

We paid our 2016 taxes today. With the 20% discount for taxes paid in January, and the people amount we were down in US dollars. Also they were only giving 15 pesos per dollar so come with pesos. They're open on Saturdays 9-2