Gardner

mermaid

Is there any true gardener's for hire in Penasco? Someone who will take care of plants, water them when they need water, know if they are getting too much water, pull out weeds and basically keep everything green and healthy? Someone who knows plants and knows they don't all need the same amount of water. I don't want someone who will come by at their leisure and throw water on everything. I need a real gardener.
Any help would be appreciated.

Alacrane

I know a handyman that is house sitting in cholla that might be interested, Pm some info so I can tell him to go by for an interview when you are down.

Landshark

Well Known Member
I would hate to bet the landscaping on a gardener coming by on a long-term frequent basis. Things happen, people get sick, cars break down. We put in a drip system and found we needed to water much more frequently but for shorter times because everything was planted in sand and the water drained very quickly. We used a single station battery operated timer/solenoid controller designed for remote locations. The battery lasts for about a year. A combination of a drip system & gardener to manage it & perform other tasks would be ideal. IMHO
http://www.sprinklerwarehouse.com/Battery-Operated-Controllers-s/7892.htm

mondone

Whitecaps
I have a drip system but it really does me no good since I can't leave it on when I'm not there. If the timer ever got stuck on "on" or a valve screws up, it could drain my cistern and bye- bye pump. I always shut the juice off to the pump anyway when I leave just in case a leak develops. I have someone who comes by and waters the plants when I'm not there.

Landshark

Well Known Member
I have a drip system but it really does me no good since I can't leave it on when I'm not there. If the timer ever got stuck on "on" or a valve screws up, it could drain my cistern and bye- bye pump. I always shut the juice off to the pump anyway when I leave just in case a leak develops. I have someone who comes by and waters the plants when I'm not there.
We had the same concern so we installed a floating water pump safety switch that shuts off the pump when the cistern is low. Also have a valve that shuts off the water to the house but leaves the drip on. Haven't had a problem, coyotes have behaved too!