Garmin GPS map of Penasco

Roberto

Well, finally I do not have to worry about getting lost in Penasco. Yesterday I fired up a Garmin GPS and lo and behold it easily located my vehicle parked just outside my casita !! It also gave me an accurate map to the local Pemex, so the vexing problem of finding a Pemex has been solved. The Penasco map is very detailed and accurate from what I can see. Hopefully soon I will find out about the rest of Mexico. I read one review that said it was the best of Mexico maps.

garyd

Well, finally I do not have to worry about getting lost in Penasco. Yesterday I fired up a Garmin GPS and lo and behold it easily located my vehicle parked just outside my casita !! It also gave me an accurate map to the local Pemex, so the vexing problem of finding a Pemex has been solved. The Penasco map is very detailed and accurate from what I can see. Hopefully soon I will find out about the rest of Mexico. I read one review that said it was the best of Mexico maps.
I bought a "chip" for my garmin that has all of Mexico on it. I used it when driving down the Baja. Did yours come with it already installed?

Jim

I have a TomTom and it shows all the streets in the right places but no street names. That was disappointing because street names was what I was looking for. I have not found a way to update it either.

Roberto

I bought a "chip" for my garmin that has all of Mexico on it. I used it when driving down the Baja. Did yours come with it already installed?
It is part of the map deal that was included with the purchase. I had to download and install it from Garmin but it came with the entire map package, not an addition. There are some other companies offering the Mexico maps. I was going to buy an add-on for Mexico maps from BiciMapas but read a review that Garmin has aggressively updated their Mexican maps and are now superior, so I'll stick with them for now. The BiciMapas cost almost as much as I paid for a refurbished Garmin that included all the maps.

The instructions say the unit gets hot when charging and yes mine does !! Not just warm but hot !! Hope it's not defective !!

garyd

It is part of the map deal that was included with the purchase. I had to download and install it from Garmin but it came with the entire map package, not an addition. There are some other companies offering the Mexico maps. I was going to buy an add-on for Mexico maps from BiciMapas but read a review that Garmin has aggressively updated their Mexican maps and are now superior, so I'll stick with them for now. The BiciMapas cost almost as much as I paid for a refurbished Garmin that included all the maps.

The instructions say the unit gets hot when charging and yes mine does !! Not just warm but hot !! Hope it's not defective !!
Do you know how to update your Garmin on the internet? If so can you share with me?