Gasoline Shortage in Puerto Peñasco

Idyllwild

Well Known Member
I just drove down Benito Juarez. I noticed two Pemex stations that had their pumps blocked off and two other stations with lines of cars a quarter mile long.

Idyllwild

Well Known Member
Keep us posted if you can. Coming down this weekend.
Pemex at the windmills got a light delivery this morning. I was able to fill the Ranger but they weren’t going to be in business for long. Speculation is that gringos leaving town on Sunday (there were a lot) all filled up because gas was cheap, and this cratered supply. Not sure how it’s going to play the next few days. Everyone coming down should fill up in Ajo or Why and be alert to stay topped off when you see an open station. Don’t wait for Sunday PM to look for gas in case this repeats.

Jungle Jim

Well Known Member
This is EXACTLY why I keep forty gallons in my garage down there.

I always top off when entering town as you can never expect to get anything on Sunday.

JJ

Mexico Joe

Cholla Bay 4 Life
Since we're on the topic of gas I have another question. Does anyone ever try and gas up before 6am in Rocky Point? During the week. We've started leaving Tuesday mornings now instead of Monday nights but when we leave on Tuesday mornings we leave early so the wife can get to work by 10am. The last two trips I believe we were out of the house by 540am and had to go to multiple gas stations in town to find one that was OPEN. It seems you can't get gas before 6am in Rocky Point... Can anyone direct me to a station that's open all night/day or one that opens early in the morning before 6am??????? I assume there has to be gas stations in RP that are open before 6am for fishing/marine purposes.

rplarry

Well Known Member
Since we're on the topic of gas I have another question. Does anyone ever try and gas up before 6am in Rocky Point? During the week. We've started leaving Tuesday mornings now instead of Monday nights but when we leave on Tuesday mornings we leave early so the wife can get to work by 10am. The last two trips I believe we were out of the house by 540am and had to go to multiple gas stations in town to find one that was OPEN. It seems you can't get gas before 6am in Rocky Point... Can anyone direct me to a station that's open all night/day or one that opens early in the morning before 6am??????? I assume there has to be gas stations in RP that are open before 6am for fishing/marine purposes.
[/QUOTE

rplarry

Well Known Member
Joe, since covid, that has been our experience as well, have not found an early AM gas station open whatsoever

Mexico Joe

Cholla Bay 4 Life
Joe, since covid, that has been our experience as well, have not found an early AM gas station open whatsoever
Last month I told the wife that when we're returning on Tuesday mornings we need to fuel up Monday night. Kind of dumb not too but I guess I'm used to gas stations being self serve and open all day/night.

mondone

Whitecaps
Sonoyta VIP 76 station attendant said they got a delivery yesterday morning but they had Magna only and wasn't sure if it would last through the day or not. No way it would last through today he said. I paid $3.49/gal yesterday early afternoon.

AZRob

Well Known Member
Last month I told the wife that when we're returning on Tuesday mornings we need to fuel up Monday night. Kind of dumb not too but I guess I'm used to gas stations being self serve and open all day/night.
Congratulation for getting married. Best wishes to the both of you!

AZRob

Well Known Member
It was close to $5 a gal at the border before entering Mexico.

Last edited:

brokenwave

Well Known Member
$4.07 That's still cheaper than anywhere in AZ, a friend told me that gas prices in RP are about the same, 23 pesos per liter $4.37 per gallon
as it was last week before the many people from the US suddenly discovered gas was $1.70 less in Sonoyta .
The Gov't subsidy went away in border towns from 4/2 -4/8, then they will re-assess keeping the subsidy off or add it back.