Getting FMM to travel to Baja

MIRAMAR

Well Known Member
My husband and I are planning a trip to Baja Sur to see the whales in Guerrero Negro (thanks Russ for the great info!), but I had to get an FMM. Everywhere I looked said I had to get one at the border, which would slow down our 12 hour trip. I found a link to an official site from the Mexican government, where you can fill it out before hand (it's free) then just get it stamped at the border- super easy!

Cortez2

Baja is total free zone you don’t need a FFM
Mexico Tourist Card - HOME

More results

Is FMM still required?

You NO longer need to fill out the Forma Migratoria Multiple (FMM) also known as Tourist Card. There are some exceptions: If you are flying to/from ANY OTHER airport in Mexico NOT listed above, then you may still need to fill out the Immigration Form "manually" when you arrive or depart from another airport in Mexico.

CheddarBob

Well Known Member
My husband and I are planning a trip to Baja Sur to see the whales in Guerrero Negro (thanks Russ for the great info!), but I had to get an FMM. Everywhere I looked said I had to get one at the border, which would slow down our 12 hour trip. I found a link to an official site from the Mexican government, where you can fill it out before hand (it's free) then just get it stamped at the border- super easy!
We did the same thing. Show your passport open your wallet at the border was very fast. We were charged $ 25 a piece at the Lukville border. This was to get a Mexican bank account.