Giant Solar project , El Homeport back from the dead and a 4 lane toll road to the border!

Old55

Well Known Member
If by chance Alfonso is saying truth, it's unfathomable some operation out of Israel would mislead or act unethically...how could that happen?
It really is a bullshit plan.The original one is way better.

Jungle Jim

Well Known Member
With all of that bare ground under the solar panels they could raise the Giant Kangaroo Rat Dipodomys deserti by the hundreds of thousands. The area they are clearing is already inhabited by them. They need little or no maintenance other than their native food plants that grows there in abundance.

They could be sold off of food carts in the Malecon roasted on a stick and dusted with chili powder as they do in the Andes of Peru and Bolivia. The local "rat on a stick" there is the domestic Guinea Pig locally known a "cui" very popular and quite tasty as I have eaten many of them.

I have not yet had the "K-Rat on a stick" but I'm certain they are dee-licious as they were the most popular big game animal hunted by the local digger injuns everywhere they they coexisted.

Old55

Well Known Member
With all of that bare ground under the solar panels they could raise the Giant Kangaroo Rat Dipodomys deserti by the hundreds of thousands. The area they are clearing is already inhabited by them. They need little or no maintenance other than their native food plants that grows there in abundance.

They could be sold off of food carts in the Malecon roasted on a stick and dusted with chili powder as they do in the Andes of Peru and Bolivia. The local "rat on a stick" there is the domestic Guinea Pig locally known a "cui" very popular and quite tasty as I have eaten many of them.

I have not yet had the "K-Rat on a stick" but I'm certain they are dee-licious as they were the most popular big game animal hunted by the local digger injuns everywhere they they coexisted.
Last time I was in Cairo I ate one of those 1 euro roast pigeons …. rat on a stick for me for sure over that thing

joanC

Well Known Member
LOL...if NG ever reaches Penasco it could be fun ( dangerous) teaching our local highly skilled PVC "glue it and stick it " crew that NG is not water or sewer.

CheddarBob

Well Known Member
LOL...if NG ever reaches Penasco it could be fun ( dangerous) teaching our local highly skilled PVC "glue it and stick it " crew that NG is not water or sewer.
Or the current copper and solder joints on LP lines. I would hope they used silver solder 15% since it can hold up to 400 PSI on refrigeration piping.

Jungle Jim

Well Known Member
If that is the largest solar project in Latin America I guess that doesn't really say much. As of this past Sunday we drove by it on our way to Punta Salinas and checked it out. There are parking lot solar fields bigger than that here in Yuma. The one west of Gila Bend is one hundred times bigger. The one west of Calexico is two hundred times bigger.

And by the way the road is horrible and dangerous.

Old55

Well Known Member
If that is the largest solar project in Latin America I guess that doesn't really say much. As of this past Sunday we drove by it on our way to Punta Salinas and checked it out. There are parking lot solar fields bigger than that here in Yuma. The one west of Gila Bend is one hundred times bigger. The one west of Calexico is two hundred times bigger.

And by the way the road is horrible and dangerous.
It seems that horse paste has clouded your brain after all. https://mexiconewsdaily.com/news/puerto-penasco-solar-power-plant-will-begin-operations-in-april/#

richwi

Well Known Member
According to Clearwater Energy Group which, along with Berkshire Hathaway, developed the Yuma solar field there is a capacity of 300MWac of which 203MWac are currently usable. The Penasco facility has a current capacity of 120MWac complete to come on line in April and Phase 2, which is 60% completed has a capacity of an additional 300MWac and is scheduled to come on line last 2023. Phase 3, scheduled for 2026 adds an additional 300MWac. There are phases 4 and 5 on the plans but funding has not been allocated.

Did you go off the Caborca Hwy (3) down the airport road to look at the completed area? From the highway you can't see much of it all all.

playaperro

El Pirata
If you look at Tony’s the whale guy facebook page, you can see most of the solar project it’s massive. Maybe the guy donated the land to power up the desalination plant.
Tony flew over the project on his way to GN over to Baja.

Old55

Well Known Member
If you look at Tony’s the whale guy facebook page, you can see most of the solar project it’s massive. Maybe the guy donated the land to power up the desalination plant.
Tony flew over the project on his way to GN over to Baja.
That has got to be a big part because the math just doesnt work otherwise with the small population in the area.CFE is also playing its crooked part.
A twitter feed talks about the ins and outs of why this is happening.Some of it was way over my head and it was from a Pan related economist ( boy did PAN have a bad week!)

richwi

Well Known Member
I didn’t go back to reread all the posts but most of the power from the solar plant is going to Baja. Baja is not currently connected to the rest of the CFE grid and CFE buys power from the US at very high rates. The solar plant is meant to minimize or eliminate the need to buy power from the US. Some power will be allocated to Penasco but I have t been able to find how much.

joanC

Well Known Member
It will be interesting to see if they give the panels the regular maintenance and cleaning they need.