Going to Rocky Point/Puerto Penasco? Did you know...

Manny Sanchez

Vir sapit qui pauca loqui
May 25, 2010

1. There are thousands of US residents, investors and, business owners in the state of Sonora alone
  2. There are over 1 million US citizens who reside in Mexico and make it home
  3. The governor of Arizona, Jan Brewer, visits and owns properties in Rocky Point, and has for many years
  4. Reports negatively reflecting on Rocky Point are totally unsubstantiated
  5. There is still a lot of investment and building taking place in and around Puerto Peñasco
  6. The Old Port area is being refurbished as you read this
  7. The crime rate in Rocky Point is far lower than Phoenix, Tucson, and most towns of the same size in Arizona or anywhere in the United States
  8. The new Mar de Cortes international airport was officially inaugurated in November 2009 and, is open for business
  9. Thanks to the new Coastal Highway north of town, Yuma and San Diego are only 3 and 5 hour drives away, consecutively
  10. Most tourist related businesses and accomodations have bilingual staff and lots of security to cater to American travelers and residents
  11. Todd Lyons, Kurt Geisler, John Witt, Kent Cossey, and Kenneth Wallace all live and work in Rocky Point ☺
  12. There has been a spike in property sales in and around Rocky Point, no doubt thanks to those mentioned above and, amazing beachfront property pricing (shameless plug)
  13. Your US dollar goes much further in Mexico, more bang for your buck most would say
  14. The delicious shrimp found in the local waters are shipped all over the world and, are a favorite of Arizona residents and nationals too
  15. The road down to Rocky Point is more patrolled and more secure than ever before, due to untruthful safety claims made by the US media
  16. You will usually gain a friend or two in Rocky Point each time you visit
  17. When there is an isolated incident at a border town, due to the US demand for illegal drugs, Mexico is unfairly generalized as a dangerous place
  18. A cold cervesa and/or shot of tequila taste better at the beach
  19. Arizona issues a yearly Arizona Crime Report with an average thickness of 136 pages, in Sonora it would be a fraction of that
  20. The northern part of the Sea of Cortez is the only place in the world one could see the vaquita marina, an extremely endangered porpoise about 1.5 meters long
  21. Crime is not spilling over into Nogales,AZ like the media claims, according to their police chief
  22. In Arizona, there were 464 murders in 2007 alone, along with 1,797 rape offenses, and, the value of property stolen in AZ was $661,889,760.00, according to the Arizona Crime Report
  23. Professional athletes and some celebrities, current and retired, have property here
  24. If there are over 100 million Mexicans in Mexico that aren’t afraid to travel within their own country, you shouldn’t be either. It’s worth the trip to see for yourself
  25. It is still less than a 4 hour drive from Phoenix or Tucson, to the beautiful beaches and friendly people of Puerto Peñasco, Sonora, Mexico
COME ON OVER TO ROCKY POINT !!

S

Submarine

May 25, 2010

1. There are thousands of US residents, investors and, business owners in the state of Sonora alone Wasn't it better when there were only a few dozen?
  2. There are over 1 million US citizens who reside in Mexico and make it home Mostly legal I bet!
  3. The governor of Arizona, Jan Brewer, visits and owns properties in Rocky Point, and has for many years You can bet when she visits it's via armored vehicle!
  4. Reports negatively reflecting on Rocky Point are totally unsubstantiated Only one report and it actually reflected on Hwy 8 not RP, and I don't see any retractions.
  5. There is still a lot of investment and building taking place in and around Puerto Peñasco Sometimes I think RP's general plan was written by the same people who did Mesa's
  6. The Old Port area is being refurbished as you read this No more blown up restaurants? That was kind of a godsend.
  7. The crime rate in Rocky Point is far lower than Phoenix, Tucson, and most towns of the same size in Arizona or anywhere in the United States Show me the rate! Show me some statistics! I can find crime rates for Mexico as a whole but it's not broken down by town so this comparison is completely baseless. I thought we were all about veracity!
  8. The new Mar de Cortes international airport was officially inaugurated in November 2009 and, is open for business yay, airport noise.
  9. Thanks to the new Coastal Highway north of town, Yuma and San Diego are only 3 and 5 hour drives away, consecutively yay, more Californians. You can have 'em.
  10. Most tourist related businesses and accomodations have bilingual staff and lots of security to cater to American travelers and residents
  11. Todd Lyons, Kurt Geisler, John Witt, Kent Cossey, and Kenneth Wallace all live and work in Rocky Point ☺ Who?
  12. There has been a spike in property sales in and around Rocky Point, no doubt thanks to those mentioned above and, amazing beachfront property pricing (shameless plug) The recession is over!
  13. Your US dollar goes much further in Mexico, more bang for your buck most would sayNot so much when Americans end up charging US prices for beer like they were during spring break. The tittie bars are still a bargain though I'll give you that!
  14. The delicious shrimp found in the local waters are shipped all over the world and, are a favorite of Arizona residents and nationals too Maybe not when that ban goes into effect. Guess we'll all have to get used to brine shrimp
  15. The road down to Rocky Point is more patrolled and more secure than ever before, due to untruthful safety claims made by the US media I still see only the two highway patrol guys every time and none at night, which is great since I drive reallllly fast
  16. You will usually gain a friend or two in Rocky Point each time you visit Or lose a truck! (couldn't resist)
  17. When there is an isolated incident at a border town, due to the US demand for illegal drugs, Mexico is unfairly generalized as a dangerous place Blame the US for the drug problem! It's not like we've been helping virtually every South American country with troops, equipment, and $$$ plus locking up minor drug offenders left and right (mostly left). Oh yeah, it's OUR fault. I think it's generally considered dangerous because the homicide rate is more than twice that of the U.S. Images of policemen that the Narco's beheaded doesn't help either.
  18. A cold cervesa and/or shot of tequila taste better at the beach True dat
  19. Arizona issues a yearly Arizona Crime Report with an average thickness of 136 pages, in Sonora it would be a fraction of that It would be nice to compare reports if Sonora would ever issue one. I'd love to read it.
  20. The northern part of the Sea of Cortez is the only place in the world one could see the vaquita marina, an extremely endangered porpoise about 1.5 meters long And Stuart said they taste great grilled with a bit of lime, garlic, and butter.
  21. Crime is not spilling over into Nogales,AZ like the media claims, according to their police chief That running gun battle a while ago kinda blows the water out of that statement.
  22. In Arizona, there were 464 murders in 2007 alone, along with 1,797 rape offenses, and, the value of property stolen in AZ was $661,889,760.00, according to the Arizona Crime Report And how many of those murders, rapes, and thefts were committed by illegal immigrants? We had an serial rapist preying on teenage girls just 3 miles from my house, terrorizing the neighborhood. Did you know that upwards of 80% of crimes go unreported in Mexico?
  23. Professional athletes and some celebrities, current and retired, have property here I bet Cabo has more
  24. If there are over 100 million Mexicans in Mexico that aren’t afraid to travel within their own country, you shouldn’t be either. It’s worth the trip to see for yourself Let me know what weekend they're all coming so I don't.
  25. It is still less than a 4 hour drive from Phoenix or Tucson, to the beautiful beaches and friendly people of Puerto Peñasco, Sonora, Mexico I can do it in 3.
Come on Manny, you can do better than that! This is kind of fun though...

P

Pete

May 25, 2010

1. There are thousands of US residents, investors and, business owners in the state of Sonora alone
  3. The governor of Arizona, Jan Brewer, visits and owns properties in Rocky Point, and has for many years
  5. There is still a lot of investment and building taking place in and around Puerto Peñasco
  7. The crime rate in Rocky Point is far lower than Phoenix, Tucson, and most towns of the same size in Arizona or anywhere in the United States
  8. The new Mar de Cortes international airport was officially inaugurated in November 2009 and, is open for business
  9. Thanks to the new Coastal Highway north of town, Yuma and San Diego are only 3 and 5 hour drives away, consecutively
  11. Todd Lyons, Kurt Geisler, John Witt, Kent Cossey, and Kenneth Wallace all live and work in Rocky Point ☺
  12. There has been a spike in property sales in and around Rocky Point, no doubt thanks to those mentioned above and, amazing beachfront property pricing (shameless plug)
  13. Your US dollar goes much further in Mexico, more bang for your buck most would say
  14. The delicious shrimp found in the local waters are shipped all over the world and, are a favorite of Arizona residents and nationals too
  15. The road down to Rocky Point is more patrolled and more secure than ever before, due to untruthful safety claims made by the US media
  17. When there is an isolated incident at a border town, due to the US demand for illegal drugs, Mexico is unfairly generalized as a dangerous place
  19. Arizona issues a yearly Arizona Crime Report with an average thickness of 136 pages, in Sonora it would be a fraction of that
  20. The northern part of the Sea of Cortez is the only place in the world one could see the vaquita marina, an extremely endangered porpoise about 1.5 meters long
  21. Crime is not spilling over into Nogales,AZ like the media claims, according to their police chief
  22. In Arizona, there were 464 murders in 2007 alone, along with 1,797 rape offenses, and, the value of property stolen in AZ was $661,889,760.00, according to the Arizona Crime Report
  23. Professional athletes and some celebrities, current and retired, have property here
  24. If there are over 100 million Mexicans in Mexico that aren’t afraid to travel within their own country, you shouldn’t be either. It’s worth the trip to see for yourself
  25. It is still less than a 4 hour drive from Phoenix or Tucson, to the beautiful beaches and friendly people of Puerto Peñasco, Sonora, Mexico
Great post Manny !! If its ok I will use that on some other sites & blogs on the web.........

May 25, 2010

Manny...I would take take that one out!!! That could hurt the cause more then it helps!!! :stir::rofl: I happen to know Todd! Sorry about that Todd!!!

This was the text in the last link.....

[SIZE=+2]Arizona activist found[/SIZE]
Home ransacked -- Communications breakdown
American Patrol Report -- May 27, 2010 -- 12:35 PM PDT
Ron Ludders, his wife and friends have been located in Rocky Point, Son., Mexico. His home had been ransacked and they had to move to temporary lodging where the communications was limited. E-mails were sent but not received.
We are glad to know that all is well.

Must have been using the same "caretaker" as Sheryl's family in Los Conchas!!!!:stir::rofl: