Good snorkelling in RP?

playaperro

El Pirata
Not really there is one place by the end of the malecon, personally i think its dangerous i don't think i would of said that 5 years ago. Just dangerous in that area.

Mexico Joe

Cholla Bay 4 Life
Is there a good place to snorkel in RP? Thanks!

Cholla Bay in my opinion offers the best snorkeling in Rocky Point from land. You can snorkel out in front of JJ's and to the west at hight tide and if the wind is calm or out of the South the water will be calm and clear in Cholla Bay making for excellent conditions. There are other options inside of Cholla Bay as well for snorkeling. Second location that is also protected from a S wind and provides excellent snorkeling conditions is Tuscon Beach. It is approximately 1 miles West of JJ's cantina inside of Cholla Bay on the West side of the peninsula. If it's your fist time you might ask for directions although I dont believe too hard to find. The third spot also inside of Cholla Bay would be on the South side of the Peninsula. Ask someone for Pinto Point. This location however would be more intermediate, expert. It offers little shelter and big rocks, wind or current and I dont suggest taking kids there. The other two places mentioned are excellent for any skill level and can be some of the best snorkeling in RP due to the protection you receive while snorkeling. The water on most occasions can be a lot more clear in cholla bay due to these factors. Have fun!

Thank you so much!!! We have not been to Cholla Bay but will head that way as soon as we get to RP!! Arriving for a month next Monday! Cannot wait. Thanks again.

Mexico Joe

Cholla Bay 4 Life
Thank you so much!!! We have not been to Cholla Bay but will head that way as soon as we get to RP!! Arriving for a month next Monday! Cannot wait. Thanks again.

You're very welcome. I was down last week and the water was still really warm. Obviously as we get closer to November the water is going to start to cool off but Im sure you will still be able to get plenty of good days in. Those two locations are excellent, ESPECIALLY if the wind is calm and the water is calm and clear. The fish love the rocks! Enjoy! Take some pics and share with the forum. #chollabay4life

azfish

Is there a good place to snorkel in RP? Thanks!
Its good snorkeling just about everywhere, I snorkel off the beach at every house I rent down there. When tide is out look for rocks, the fish will be hanging around there. Bring your spear for fresh fish and blue crabs on the grill. One more thing, bring a dive flag float. The guys on the boats giving float rides will run you over.

Joe's location #3 is decent just north of the point by white big house, I snorkle there all the time. Visability is anywhere from 10- 40 feet. Lots of fish to see.

If you don't tell anyone there are sidewalks into the water on both sides of the point. Easy access.

Rick
Cholla Bay

Joe's location #3 is decent just north of the point by white big house, I snorkle there all the time. Visability is anywhere from 10- 40 feet. Lots of fish to see.

Shhhhhh! It's supposed to be a secret! Now I'm going to have a parking lot in front of my house with all the snorklers.LOL