GoPenasco Radio

Our own Rosie Glover lends her voice to Puerto Penasco's Classic Rock blend.

We've changed the place around a bit and are looking at a few different streaming options. We have a lot of friends from the hockey world tuned in and look forward to adding a lot more.

We could certainly use some help and would love to hear from you. I'd love to tell the world about our little beach town and know a lot of you would too. Simply record a short story about what the town and community means to you. Would also be neat to hear chime in's from folks out on the town. Tell us why this place or that has the coldest beer, best tacos or friendliest people.

Hear a song you like? Record your own intro and if it's good, we can use it. Like Classic Rock videos? Check out the youtube link at the bottom of our page...we compiled a whole evening of great hits mixed in with some local flair. Enjoy!

Send audio files to [email protected]

Listen Here-- http://gopenasco.com

The Bad-
Communication infrastructure is hindering economic development. The internet is a tool that shrinks the globe and there is absolutely no excuse for the poor connectivity that this country suffers from. The internet is better in most African countries than it is here and Carlos Slim should be ashamed of himself.

Poverty. We can turn a blind eye to it all we want but it's here. The difference is the reasons why. Our security guys earn roughly $100 a week for 50+ hours of work. These guys have to create their own capitalistic opportunities to get ahead and a lot of folks do.

Sexism. Don't get me wrong, I like beautiful women as much as anybody, but I've never seen a culture where women dress so provocatively. I have a young daughter and a very conservative wife to influence her, so we should be OK.

Gringo pricing. We've learned that it's cheaper for Maria to go by herself to make purchases than it is for the entire family to do so. Outside of the chain stores it appears that price gouging is a common practice.

No McDonalds. Sorry, but the kids love it. A weekly trek to McDonalds is a fantastic discipline incentive and I refuse to frequent the other place where cleanliness is a by-product of a slow day. If it's busy, the place turns into a sanitary disaster.

No REAL Walmart. The Walton family are missing out on a real opportunity. Replacing the Bodega with a full featured Walmart would be a bonanza.

The Good-
The people.

We don't get a sense that there is any kind of racism.

Hard work is well respected and those that work very hard are easily rewarded for their efforts.

More real families where mom and dad are married and together.

99% of the people I've come across are helpful, honorable and trustworthy.

The beach. We are willing to give up a lot of conveniences for the opportunity to live on the ocean. It's why we are here and it's why we stay.

jerry

Sounds good all and all.At Santo Tomas we may get a new system if all homes sign up.Basically a radio tower system that is supposed to be brand new and very fast....headed down on Thursday to talk with the guy