Got back this week after staying at Laguna Shores on a DealChicken.com promo

AZJD

My wife and I got a deal for $69 total. For 3 days/2 nights, including a dinner and a bottle of wine from DealChicken.com

I've been to RP close to 30 times, but never have ventured towards the Laguna Shores/Black Mtn area. Figured we'd give it a try, and for $23/day...I'm not gonna complain.

Took the highway out towards Laguna Del Mar and Laguna Shores and found the place pretty easily. Pretty cool development. It's almost like they are trying to create their own neighborhood/master planned community....almost like a newer Las Conchas. It has condos, lots, and custom homes. Streets are very wide and are made of pavers. Literally miles of paver roads. Must have taken forever to lay down. The pool area was nice and they had a little cafe too. The place was a ghost town though. There had to be literally like 4 cars there the entire weekend. There was only about 10 homes built and the rest were empty lots. I have no idea how the place stays open. They have to be losing their a$$ BIG TIME.

The dealchicken thing promised that they wouldnt do a timeshare presentation, but it was offered to us. We politely declined. Not once did they mention our free bottle of wine or dinner, nor were any vouchers given for it. They put us up in a 1 bedroom condo. It was nicely furnished but the condo unit was in the very back corner of the development away from everyone and the beach. It was a decent place....definitely in no way compared to any of the Sandy Beach condos like Las Palomas, Bella, SS, or Esmeralda. But like I said....it was $23/day so I'm not complaining at all.

The only thing I didnt like is the tide goes out literally like 2 miles, if not more. You cant get any beach time because the ocean is 2 miles out. We walked out to the ocean the first day and it took us about 25 minutes before we reached the water. I'm not exaggerating. We'd leave every day to go to Sandy Beach to Wrecked and next door to go in the ocean.

If you want peace/quiet and being away from civilization...then Laguna Shores is a great place for you.

My wife and I are still young and enjoy beign around people and the town of RP, so we'll probably never stay there again....but again not because it wasn't a nice place. We just prefer a condo on Sandy Beach.

Tried out the new highway from Laguna to Sandy Beach. Thank God they built this. It's fantastic and saves a lot of time. I didn't even know they put a Pemex station there either!

Overall, had a great weekend. Spent our nights at Wrecked. Love the staff there. Great group of guys. Had dinner at El Capitan. Amazing view.

Mexican Army was there on Saturday and Sunday just hanging out in the Humvees. Rockin' out in aviator sunglasses and just havin' a good time. Waving at all the tourists. Glad they are there.

We'll be back....for our 31st time. :) I love Puerto Penasco.

Hooch

any pictures of the beach and the where you guys stayed? Always wanted to cruise out that way and check it out

AZJD

any pictures of the beach and the where you guys stayed? Always wanted to cruise out that way and check it out
We didn't take any of the resort because we were only there to sleep, for the most part.

If you are looking for something very peaceful/quiet with nobody around, then this is the spot for you. The only downside is the tide goes out so far that you will not enjoy beach time. But it also could be the time of year...who knows. I don't know much about tides. Every day at 12pm-6pmish the tide was out literally 2 miles away. Farthest tide I'd ever seen in my life.....and MUCH MUCH MUCH farther out than any tide on Sandy Beach area.

Place has potential....it's just a ghost town right now. You could tell the DealChicken promo was just to get people to the property to pitch them a sales offer. Otherwise nobody really goes there.

It's a very nice property though. Staff is friendly. And common grounds are kept nice.

mis2810

The tide is a problem. That's what I didn't like about the Playa Lopez area. It would have taken forever to walk to just put your feet in the water.

AZJD - what was the sand like out there? Hard crushed shells - or regular sand like on Sandy Beach? What about the sand under the water? Muddy, and silt-like? Or normal?

AZJD

The tide is a problem. That's what I didn't like about the Playa Lopez area. It would have taken forever to walk to just put your feet in the water.

AZJD - what was the sand like out there? Hard crushed shells - or regular sand like on Sandy Beach? What about the sand under the water? Muddy, and silt-like? Or normal?
Sand was fine and soft. All the way out for 2 miles to the water lol. Obviously a few shells here and there, but it wasn't like walking on glass. It wasn't muddy and for the entire distance was pretty packed/firm.

There were several old abandoned crab cages. Some of them had crabs in them! Kinda cool....

I've stayed in a lots of places in Rocky Point.....the Mirador, Sandy Beach, Las Conchas, Mayan Palace....but hands down the Laguna/Black Mountain area had the most extreme tide swing I have ever seen in Rocky Point.

AZJD

I wanted to play golf on Sunday, so I drove down to Mayan Palace with a friend to play Peninsula De Cortes. I've good friends with all of the staff there, and was quite saddened to hear the Director of Golf, Andrew, has accepted a new position in Nicargua and will be leaving soon. He's been wonderful to me over the years and has always taken good care of us.

The course was in the best shape I've seen it. Such a treat. It wasn't too windy either. Fire a nice little 74 with only 1 birdie and 3 bogeys. Hit the ball solid all day and didn't miss one fairway. :)

Thank you for the feedback. My husband and I will be staying there this weekend with the Chicken Deal coupon. I hope to get my dinner and bottle of wine though.:sharks:

Friends stayed there one summer and we went to visit and when the sun went down, the place was crawling with bugs. Was so bad we couldnt sit on the patio as they were crawling & flying everywhere! Apparently is a combination of the extreme low tide and humidity attracts the critters. The bugs were unbelievable and covered the whole patio door.