GREAT experience this week with Medical Emergency!!!

I'm not sure about other people's experiences, but I am so greatful...

On Tuesday night we were leaving Penasco Del Sol to go out to eat and my wife
turned her ankle on an uneven area of sidewalk. It hurt badly, but then got better.
We went on to eat and she was able to walk on it.
We came back to the room later, and it was hurting enough that we decided to put ice on it.
At 11:00 p.m. she was in pain like I've never seen her in before....she was shaking and could not get comfortable. I had already given her tylenol and ibuprofen but it didn't touch the pain.
I've done my homework. I knew it was too late to head for the border so I went to the
front desk and asked about one of the clinics/doctors.
LONG STORY SHORT:
Dr. Castillo from Clinica San Jorge came to the hotel room in 20 minutes time.
He sent for an ambulance and we went to the clinic.
Here is what they did:
X-rays, (determined it was torn ligaments)
Put a cast on.
Gave her Intravenous pain medication for about three hours and when
she got nauseous gave her oxygen to help relieve it.
Prescribed pain medication for followup, and filled the prescription for her to take.
RN Alonzo was gentle with her and they took their time....much personal attention.
All of this for $150 and no charge for the ambulance. I can't even imagine what it would
have been in AZ (after waiting at least 5 hours to see an emergency room doctor)
Returned to the hotel and the hotel had a wheelchair...came out and helped take her
to the room.
I am quite impressed and grateful.
I love Rocky Point more than ever!

jerry

In Arizona they would have tried to sucker you on the Air Ambulance for 10-25,000 dollars,if not 1500 for the Ambulance,you would have sat at the emergency room till dawn then received uneven care for 2500 dollars.