Grouper fishing on Friday the 8th

Went fishing with some friends of mineRueben Estrella and his lovely wife Peggy and a friend to all of us Beto. Made bait at the point, lots of small greenbacks a bonefish and some grunts, proceeded to a rock about 20 miles away and arrived at 8:45 after 20 minutes my rod buckles over and grouper, I told Beto to pull it in since he has never gone grouper fishing, short time later he pulls out a 30lb gulf, an hour later Rueben gets hit, good one 80lb, 2 hrs later he gets hit again this time its twin another 80 lb gulf, pretty hot and humid so at 3:30 we headed back in will post pictgures later:shock:

moore_rb

Stay Thirsty My Friends
You make it sound too easy, Art... :) Just another day, another 200 pounds of fish... great job.

I am working over the next couple weekends, so my next fishing trip won't be until end of July. Don't know yet if I will go to RP or San Diego for tuna. It will depend on the reports and the weather as the time gets closer.

AZ ROB

My question is where does all this fish go if everyone seems to be catching multiple 50-80 lb fish? Would hate to think it is going to waste.

where does the fish go

My question is where does all this fish go if everyone seems to be catching multiple 50-80 lb fish? Would hate to think it is going to waste.
I give them someWell since I cant bring a piece of meat with me ,I keep a couple of of slabs with me to eat during the week, there are a couple of people that live on their boats I give them some, the rest goes to the guys at the marina, they kike the heads for soup and what they do with the rest it up to them, I know its not wasted:-?

I will tell you if I could trailer this boat to San Diego I would, if not by water at the tune of 11-13 thousand dollars one way, so I guess I am stuck here, San Diego you got weather thats great and tuna

moore_rb

Stay Thirsty My Friends
None of us ever waste these fish. We wouldn't bring them in dead if we didn't have a use for them.

This time of year is expecially favorable for releasing Grouper because they are often caught shallow enough that you can release them if you wish. If they come up from water deeper than 120 feet or so, then they are best off going into the ice box because the pressure change extends their swim bladder and bulges out their eyes.

Several of the restaraunts around RP will cook your fresh fish for you and your party if you make advanced arrangements, and like Art said, we often give some to the guys at the Marina for their families and friends. With fresh Grouper going for up to 50 pesos per kilo (about 20 pesos per pound) this works out to be a pretty nice tip for the guys at the Marina who put in long days out in the sun.

And, even though selling sport-caught fish for profit is illegal, there are barter options available with some of the vendors around town to exchange premium fish (Grouper, yellowtail, etc) for fresh shrimp, scallops, and other seafood. They know they can sell grouper, and if they need it, then they will work a trade with you.

Don't ask me who, and what the pound for pound exchange rate is... I did my own legwork, and so must you. :)