Guns in general

I'm a newbie and I know this may sound stupid especially with what the law (in Mexico) say and everything else we hear... BUT..

Does anyone have any "friends" that even with all of the rules and such still manage to bring something with them for personal protection? Have there been any stories?

I have had CCL for a long time and feel naked now without a gun. Not talking about this sensationalized stuff we hear about - just common things like we have in the US - car jackings, road ragers (I had two of them recently. I never had to draw my weapon but I just had it in my lap - when they came to the door to kick my a** they saw that and booked.

What's the vibe / mood for that there? LIke I said any friends that you know of have any opinions one way or another?

Still no word on the Boomerfest thing I guess??? Guess I will forget about that. Last I saw was tickets in "January" and well now it is January..

Anyway - what do your friends suggest for someone - that even though he knows is illegal - to give his friend an opinion??

Johnny

User is currently banned
Jerry,

HOW DARE YOU SUGGEST THAT JAKE3997 SHOULD SHOOT THE PEOPLE INVOLVED WITH BOOMERFEST!!!! You want Jake3997 to arm himself with a gun and then shoot other Rocky Point residents? Some of these people are Hispanic so you want to see every Hispanic shot and killed? I am appalled!

Ladyjeeper,

You will never see a more direct threat/recommendation on any website where a member wants fellow Rocky Point residents (yes, multiple people) shot and killed! Please do not wait six months to hold Jerry accountable for his recommendation that those involved with Boomfest be shot! Please follow what you preach and ban him immediately!

"oh leave the damn gun home unless you plan on shooting the conmen behind boomerfest."

"I have had CCL for a long time and feel naked now without a gun"

Me Too, But...DO NOT..Repeat...DO NOT even consider it !

We got hung up at the border (US Side) for over a half hour trying to explain a handful of spent .45 casings in the back of my truck. I mean brass so old it was black. Although they read me the riot act, thankfully they did not tear my truck apart. Remember, your CCP is valid in your state of issue and reciprocal states....not foreign countries. Honestly, The US is more concerned about weapons going into Mexico (that might be used against them) than Mexico is about weapons coming in; either way, if you feel that nervous..get a can of mace or pepper spray....but, like Johnny Cash said....don't take your guns to town son, just leave your guns at home.

Kenny

car jackings, road ragers (I had two of them recently. I never had to draw my weapon but I just had it in my lap - when they came to the door to kick my a** they saw that and booked.
Maybe you should be more concerned about your driving habits than carrying a gun, and "in" your lap is the same as "draw" my friend,(you just didn't point it), unless you always have it in your lap. Now if you always have it in your lap, that's another problem best left to a professional.:razz:

Last edited:

Mexico Joe

Cholla Bay 4 Life
Jerry,

HOW DARE YOU SUGGEST THAT JAKE3997 SHOULD SHOOT THE PEOPLE INVOLVED WITH BOOMERFEST!!!! You want Jake3997 to arm himself with a gun and then shoot other Rocky Point residents? Some of these people are Hispanic so you want to see every Hispanic shot and killed? I am appalled!

Ladyjeeper,

You will never see a more direct threat/recommendation on any website where a member wants fellow Rocky Point residents (yes, multiple people) shot and killed! Please do not wait six months to hold Jerry accountable for his recommendation that those involved with Boomfest be shot! Please follow what you preach and ban him immediately!

"oh leave the damn gun home unless you plan on shooting the conmen behind boomerfest."

Time for Johnny to go by by for a couple of weeks.

Mexico Joe

Cholla Bay 4 Life
I'm a newbie and I know this may sound stupid especially with what the law (in Mexico) say and everything else we hear... BUT..

Does anyone have any "friends" that even with all of the rules and such still manage to bring something with them for personal protection? Have there been any stories?

I have had CCL for a long time and feel naked now without a gun. Not talking about this sensationalized stuff we hear about - just common things like we have in the US - car jackings, road ragers (I had two of them recently. I never had to draw my weapon but I just had it in my lap - when they came to the door to kick my a** they saw that and booked.

What's the vibe / mood for that there? LIke I said any friends that you know of have any opinions one way or another?

Still no word on the Boomerfest thing I guess??? Guess I will forget about that. Last I saw was tickets in "January" and well now it is January..

Anyway - what do your friends suggest for someone - that even though he knows is illegal - to give his friend an opinion??

3 posts and this is one of them??????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!! SMH You have a better chance of winning the lottery than getting accosted in Rocky Point. I apologize but we're all a little sensitive to the is Rocky Point still dangerous question. That was never and this is 2013, inquire about other things Rocky Point, I can assure you that you will be fine.

OK - I thought I would ask. It is a bad idea. I guess this thread has about as much value as the one where the guy was asking about bringing his medical MJ into the country.

jerry

things not to bring to mexico would be a good thread.The guy with over ten grand,his Glock,his medical marijuana,3 steaks and 50 lbs of the dreaded gringo dog food should get a prize.

garyd

Maybe you should be more concerned about your driving habits than carrying a gun, and "in" your lap is the same as "draw" my friend,(you just didn't point it), unless you always have it in your lap. Now if you always have it in your lap, that's another problem best left to a professional.:razz:
If you have a permit and it is not concealed you are "brandishing" your weapon. If you pull it out, use it otherwise you can be the one getting in trouble.

garyd

"I have had CCL for a long time and feel naked now without a gun"

Me Too, But...DO NOT..Repeat...DO NOT even consider it !

We got hung up at the border (US Side) for over a half hour trying to explain a handful of spent .45 casings in the back of my truck. I mean brass so old it was black. Although they read me the riot act, thankfully they did not tear my truck apart. Remember, your CCP is valid in your state of issue and reciprocal states....not foreign countries. Honestly, The US is more concerned about weapons going into Mexico (that might be used against them) than Mexico is about weapons coming in; either way, if you feel that nervous..get a can of mace or pepper spray....but, like Johnny Cash said....don't take your guns to town son, just leave your guns at home.
Does anyone know for certain if Mace or pepper spray is legal in Mexico?

mexicoruss

Lovin it in RP!
I know people who have both as well as bear spray and at least one person with a stun gun. Not sure how legal or necessary any of that is.

Does anyone have any "friends" that even with all of the rules and such still manage to bring something with them for personal protection? . . . I have had CCL for a long time and feel naked now without a gun..
We and friends don't give personal protection in Penasco a thought. "Personal protection" down there means, say, taking caution about driving too close to spring breakers when they're in town. Okay, locking doors when away is another good idea if you have some real valuable stuff. But firearms? No need to figure out a clever way to bring them. Also, there does seem to be a feel-naked syndrome among those used to CC. Suggested cure: Put the gun down, drive to Penasco, have a margarita.

Roberto

Now don't get insulted but, seems to me that missing that piece of cold steel is maybe like missing a pacifier. Even many law enforcement officers report going through an entire career without ever having to use a weapon. It must be uncomfortable having that level of discomfort on a daily basis that you feel the need for continuous protection. Unless of course you are in an occupation with a high risk for violence like something illegal where all your cohorts are armed ! I was in an occupation at one time that I felt I needed more protection and did carry. Kept a .12 Ga by the front door also. Fortunately I never needed to use them and moved on but I do recall missing it for awhile till life calmed down. There is a certain level of excitement created when you are armed. Actually made me see the world as more menacing than it was, I think.

Yes it is possible to get a permit to carry a weapon in Mexico but the rules and regulations are very different here. For example, when you leave your home jurisdiction you must phone ahead to notify the next that you pass through and the final destination that you will be passing through and arriving. It ain't easy and more aggravation than it's worth unless of course you are a high risk person. After some 20 years or so of continuous armed rebellion Mexicans are a bit more sensitive to people carrying guns.

audsley

Even if it were legal, bringing a gun into Mexico for self defense would be a bad idea. Unlike the U.S., where people meaning to do you harm usually come in ones or twos, Mexican baddies tend to come in large bands carrying spray-and-pray weaponry such as ARs and AKs. You would just be overwhelmed by superior numbers and fire power. The Zetas, Sinaloans, etc. seem to send 7 or 8 guys to do jobs for which John Gotti would have sent two. Your best defensive weapon in Mexico is your brain and an agreeable temperment.

Kenny

The simple fact is that if people from the USA were allowed to bring firearms into Mexico, PP would be truly dangerous and we would have a American citizen killed there before you could say "pass the ammunition"; and it probably would be between tourists in some bar.

Since I said I was done with it and I havent been looking or trying to get any info - did anyone else hear if that concert thing with 24 (no wait 21!) artists - blah blah blah is getting any further along? Sure would have been nice but sounded way too good to be true. Tix onsale in January and last I checked it is January. Now there are a few nice gentlemen here that say they will lend me money to build a house site unseen. I know that is on the up and up so I will start chasing them! Run Forest run! (as he runs to the loansharks)

mexicoruss

Lovin it in RP!
Since I said I was done with it and I havent been looking or trying to get any info - did anyone else hear if that concert thing with 24 (no wait 21!) artists - blah blah blah is getting any further along? Sure would have been nice but sounded way too good to be true. Tix onsale in January and last I checked it is January. Now there are a few nice gentlemen here that say they will lend me money to build a house site unseen. I know that is on the up and up so I will start chasing them! Run Forest run! (as he runs to the loansharks)
possible thread hijack?........Stay tuned......No stress it will or it wont happen . Either way you shouldnt be too affected

The Man

For Pete's sake.....(whoever Pete is).....
My opinion its safer in Rocky Point than in the states! Anywhere in the states included!

the man

The only one that can allow US guns into Mexico is Holder. If he gives approval, then fine. Otherwise, leave the iron in the US or you will pay the piper if caught. I don't chance it