hassled again on my way back into US

Roberto

You know a really nasty person could go down the line of waiting vehicles with a spray bottle !!??!!! Of course I would not do such a thing the ICE people would be very angry and it's probably illegal as well.:eek::eek::eek:

Came across on Monday at 3:30, one lane open with one car ahead of me.
Gave our passports and were asked where we came from, where we are going and are we US citizens and what we had to declare.

It took 3 minutes, compared to the 15 minutes we spent going into Mexico to show our dog's papers and the whole Dog ID deal,
the inspectors on the Mexican side seemed to be doing to every 3 cars.

I treat all border agents the same, I Say Good afternoon or Hola, buenas tardes, make sure my seatbelt is used and my sunglasses are off my face
and look them in the eyes and smile. I have never had a problem in hundreds of crossings over the years.
I just cringe when I see people giving the border agents a hard time because it means I will be in line that much longer.
I just keep the attitude in my pocket.

mis2810

Came across on Monday at 3:30, one lane open with one car ahead of me.
Gave our passports and were asked where we came from, where we are going and are we US citizens and what we had to declare.

It took 3 minutes, compared to the 15 minutes we spent going into Mexico to show our dog's papers and the whole Dog ID deal,
the inspectors on the Mexican side seemed to be doing to every 3 cars.

I treat all border agents the same, I Say Good afternoon or Hola, buenas tardes, make sure my seatbelt is used and my sunglasses are off my face
and look them in the eyes and smile. I have never had a problem in hundreds of crossings over the years.
I just cringe when I see people giving the border agents a hard time because it means I will be in line that much longer.
I just keep the attitude in my pocket.
How can you tell it's the people giving the agent a hard time and not vice versa if you're behind them?

Because if the agent was bent on p**sing off people, it would be my turn when I got to the booth.

Life lesson,
Treat people how you would like to be treated and attitudes usually don't happen, (most of the time)
And then there are people who are just plain miserable and being nice to them will not change that.
It has worked for me for many years.

mis2810

Because if the agent was bent on p**sing off people, it would be my turn when I got to the booth.

Life lesson,
Treat people how you would like to be treated and attitudes usually don't happen, (most of the time)
And then there are people who are just plain miserable and being nice to them will not change that.
It has worked for me for many years.
I think they piss people off at random. They are human, after all. Maybe they don't like how someone looks, etc. I'm not saying that none of the people crossing are never at fault but. I never pull up with an attitude - I always say Hello. Sometimes I get a really friendly officer and sometimes I get a huge jerk who acts like he's mad at me because he can't find something to "get" me with.

I think they piss people off at random. They are human, after all. Maybe they don't like how someone looks, etc. I'm not saying that none of the people crossing are never at fault but. I never pull up with an attitude - I always say Hello. Sometimes I get a really friendly officer and sometimes I get a huge jerk who acts like he's mad at me because he can't find something to "get" me with.
Agree. That has been my experience as well. I've learned that the same witty response that evokes laughter or at least a smile from most officers will eventually get you pulled over for a "random check" by that one humorless crab (usually a pumped-up newbie) who demands nothing less than somber subservience.

dmcauley

The last time I entered Mexico I was asked for papers for my dogs and I angrily told them that they were all Mexican(true) to which they apologized and waved me through.

MIRAMAR

Surprised on the way back there was a Ready Land for people with Passport cards- cut off at least 15 minutes coming into US.

mis2810

Aside from the pollen being bad, the daily thrashing of wind has been making this the worst allergy season EVER. I've never been so miserable. Some years I don't even have allergies! Even aside from allergies, I HATE WIND. Yesterday afternoon on Sandy Beach was pretty miserable with the wind while it was a little cloudy. Once the sun came out not too bad. Unfortunately, my quiet Thursday afternoon on the beach was interrupted by a man in a speedo (YES! A Speedo!!!!!) with chains around his neck who was a talker. When he offered me some of the French brandy he had in his condo I made a hasty exit. And before any of you jokesters ask, NO, I did not throw acid on him!!!!! :p:p:p

moore_rb

Stay Thirsty My Friends
Hassled at the border... BAH.

Let me know when you've all been hauled into the office handcuffed 5 times, then we'll talk :cool:

playaperro

El Pirata
Aside from the pollen being bad, the daily thrashing of wind has been making this the worst allergy season EVER. I've never been so miserable. Some years I don't even have allergies! Even aside from allergies, I HATE WIND. Yesterday afternoon on Sandy Beach was pretty miserable with the wind while it was a little cloudy. Once the sun came out not too bad. Unfortunately, my quiet Thursday afternoon on the beach was interrupted by a man in a speedo (YES! A Speedo!!!!!) with chains around his neck who was a talker. When he offered me some of the French brandy he had in his condo I made a hasty exit. And before any of you jokesters ask, NO, I did not throw acid on him!!!!! :p:p:p
Apoco eres tu?