Health Insurance in Mexico

YumaJames

Tried to search this forum for previous posts but didn't bring up much, just out of curiosity I've always wondered for those of you that are Americans living full time or spending a lot of time in Rocky Point or other parts of Mexico, what do you do for health insurance? Obviously assume a lot of people head back to the States if they get sick/hurt, or for checks ups, etc, but are there other alternatives? Can you buy into Mexico health plans, health insurance, etc?

playaperro

El Pirata
Tried to search this forum for previous posts but didn't bring up much, just out of curiosity I've always wondered for those of you that are Americans living full time or spending a lot of time in Rocky Point or other parts of Mexico, what do you do for health insurance? Obviously assume a lot of people head back to the States if they get sick/hurt, or for checks ups, etc, but are there other alternatives? Can you buy into Mexico health plans, health insurance, etc?
Seguro popular might be one option.

I don't think this Sandy Beach Medical Center ended up lasting which is shame because the concept seems very good...

http://www.puerto-penasco.com/blog/2015/06/14/sandy-beach-medical-center-in-rocky-point-mexico/

I would contact him directly to ask details of insurance options even if the Medical Center along with the annual membership deal isn't an option anymore he probably would be able to point some very helpful information out. He still practices there (Puerto Penasco) from my understanding

garyd

I don't think this Sandy Beach Medical Center ended up lasting which is shame because the concept seems very good...

http://www.puerto-penasco.com/blog/2015/06/14/sandy-beach-medical-center-in-rocky-point-mexico/

I would contact him directly to ask details of insurance options even if the Medical Center along with the annual membership deal isn't an option anymore he probably would be able to point some very helpful information out. He still practices there (Puerto Penasco) from my understanding
I think he is on BJ as you are coming into town on the left side of road

If your a perm res. Look into seguro popular. You can go to insurance co in rp and discuss different plans. Some are good for both usa and mexico. You just have to be aware that the closest state of the art hospitals for best treatment are located in either mexicali or hermosillo. I have had friends treated at both and say they are amazing. If not a resident, there is some good travel medical packages but would only due catastrophic as dr, lab, ultrasound and xray visits are pretty cheap to pay cash too.

Well guess what ?......................

My personal and proven RP insurance plan is my 140 mph Ford Raptor Pickup. RP to Yuma Regional Medical Center in about 90 minutes not counting the border wait.

I can't even imagine my Blue Cross Blue Shield of AZ paying out a dime for any sort of Mexican medical services.

JJ

Well guess what ?......................

My personal and proven RP insurance plan is my 140 mph Ford Raptor Pickup. RP to Yuma Regional Medical Center in about 90 minutes not counting the border wait.

I can't even imagine my Blue Cross Blue Shield of AZ paying out a dime for any sort of Mexican medical services.

JJ
There are some medical insurance companies (2-3) that will pay out up to $50K in emergency services in foreign countries. Just have to ensure it is in the coverage.
You break your leg (example), pay out of pocket and submit the bills when you return.
I don't know which ones, but was told about them at a insurance seminar.

DAN....Divers Alert Network

I've been a member since I first got certified as a Scuba diver. They do complete emergency coverage overseas but you pay for the services and they reimburse later to include evacuation back to the USSA.

JJ