Here we go again.... New US Travel Warning

mis2810

Doesn't apply to PP at all. Why was this even issues out of the Consulate in Hermosillo? What's new about it?

InkaRoads

cronopiador
Doesn't apply to PP at all. Why was this even issues out of the Consulate in Hermosillo? What's new about it?
Well, Nogales, Sonora is located in the same state as Hermosillo, the capital city of Sonora, as you can see as you read how different this warning is compared to the one sent out back in May 19th, this one is very official with all the information needed to contact the consulate back if needed, it will be nice if the citizens of USA also realize that when reading fake warnings.
In my way back from RP yesterday I noticed federal police cars patroling highway 8, so even if it is not a week holiday they still have security in the road, also notice a large number of cars with Chihuahua license plates usibg route 86 and 85, am thinking that even they, mexicans, feel safer traveling thru USA to reach RP than traveling thru the state of Chihuahua.

mis2810

Well, Nogales, Sonora is located in the same state as Hermosillo, the capital city of Sonora, as you can see as you read how different this warning is compared to the one sent out back in May 19th, this one is very official with all the information needed to contact the consulate back if needed, it will be nice if the citizens of USA also realize that when reading fake warnings.
In my way back from RP yesterday I noticed federal police cars patroling highway 8, so even if it is not a week holiday they still have security in the road, also notice a large number of cars with Chihuahua license plates usibg route 86 and 85, am thinking that even they, mexicans, feel safer traveling thru USA to reach RP than traveling thru the state of Chihuahua.
I know that Nogales and Hermosillo are in the same state, and that Hermosillo is the capital of Sonora. But nothing new has happened to prompt this warning, has it?

Kenny

they would be remiss

Their S.O.P., has been to issue a statement like this whenever they have prohibited their US Mission employee's, and their families in Mexico, from traveling across the border... Their even prohibiting them from traveling from post to post in Mexico.
I don't see anything but fact's in this release, unlike the one from Nogales that was giving out false reports about the road blockages etc, on the road down to PP... That said, I think they would be remiss if they didn't issue statements like this to the general population of the U.S.. It's their job to do so, and If you read it, they also note how many people come to Mexico every day, and for a variety of reasons, without any problems at all.
Me, are you kidding? I've been going down since I was a kid, and I'll continue my love affair with the Sea Of Cortez, and PP; and as often as possible.

Last edited:

Kenny

Now if you want to get ticked off, check this out. This is our release, and the the tone of the "report's" are much different (to say the least) than the one this thread is about....http://mexico.usembassy.gov/eng/eacs_MexicoSecurityUpdate.html

Nogales, Sonora
Travelers on Highway 8 from the U.S. Mexican border of Lukeville to the Mexican beach resort town of Puerto Peñasco (Rocky Point) have encountered unofficial roadblocks of stationary vehicles and armed men. In at least one instance a driver accelerated past the “roadblock” and was fired upon. No one was injured in this incident, but the vehicle was struck by a stray bullet."

I would love to ask the author of that little piece of trash how it could have been, or why it was reported as "a stray bullet", if they were being shot at!

Last edited:

InkaRoads

cronopiador
I know that Nogales and Hermosillo are in the same state, and that Hermosillo is the capital of Sonora. But nothing new has happened to prompt this warning, has it?
well, I would think that every so often they issue this warning for employees and family to stay alert and be aware of the situation not necesarily to scare people.

Check out the new updates on the "shootout..." thread. Crazy shit went down below Nogales, though it has nothing to do with Penasco nor tourists.