Here's a couple of stories........

Ladyjeeper

Sonoran Goddess
Staff member
I was in PP one time with 3 of my girlfriends, We were in my girlfriend's 73 Caddy. This was probably mid eighties. That thing was so big that 4 girls' luggage fit in the trunk. You would put stuff in there and it would just disappear.....LOL. Anyway, while we were there, we went out and got in the car and started it up. My girlfriend went to put it in reverse and the gear shifter just broke loose from the stalk and went around and around in circles. She was kind of a newby and just freaked out. She didn't have a lot of money....Well, none of us did. I, having had a lot of experience in Mexico, wasn't so upset. I went in the lobby and called a local friend. He came over, took one look at it, ask for 10 dollars and said he'd be right back. He came back with a big vice grips. I'm like, what the heck is he gonna do with that? He removed the gear shift and screwed that vice grips on the little bitty bolt that sticks out from the stalk. He asked for the keys, started her up and ran the whole shift pattern. Wahla! I was so amazed and thanked him and he looked at me and said, "enjenacion Mexicana." That translates to mexican ingenuity. I would have to say so! She never fixed it and sold it like that in the mid ninties. LOL!

Last edited:

Esperanza

Too funny! Yeah, Raf is all about "Mexican Ingenuity"...LOL He comes up with some real "doozies" some times.

kelly

I also have a funny story in 1994 I believe I was in the patyia bar with my sisters. some crazy old guy had a 1 use camera,he was dancing and kept holding camera down low taking pictures under girls dresses. He had a big sombrero on the straw kind, Iwont say who but one of the girls reached over while he was dancing around lit his sombrero on fire. hahaha still get a good laugh everytime i think about it. he was still dancing for a few minutes with hat on fire. No one got hurt and it is still the best story i got.