Hey Tyler

Roberto

Well Known Member
I just noticed that, although you stepped up to continue the Forum (and many appreciated your efforts) , you posted very seldom. But now you are actively managing things, banning, and locking topics to close off discussion as you see fit. The Forum has always been sort of 'self cleansing' with participating members pretty effectively keeping things on track. Yeah there have been a couple of isolated incidents over the past 13 years I have been participating but they were egregious and few.

Years back I visited a lab in England that had an early prototype Mass Spectrometer. While viewing the thing it suddenly started to vibrate and shake a bit. Thinking there was a problem I was informed that they had discovered it functioned better if it was shaken up a bit from time to time. They called it 'dithering'. Social systems are like that and posts that move to the boundaries of acceptability should be welcomed and encouraged if you actually want discussion. To me Jerry's posts are a good example of dithering. True he gets over the boundaries from time to time but is called on it by other members.

Then there is the Facebook stuff. I inquired if you intended to close the RPT forum but you did not respond. Some of us who used and enjoy the RPT forum were thinking we needed to start perhaps another so we wanted to know your intent. Your recent improvement augers that it will not close.
The Facebook system is glitzy and suitable for entertainment and social contacts I guess, but does not function well for posting useful information by topic and finding it again. Additionally there are about 10 Facebook pages for Penasco but only one active Forum.

Sung to the tune of "It's my Party" from the 50's " It's my Forum and I'll do as I want to " and I realize that and continue to appreciate your efforts.

Reactions: ron

tyler

I like pie.
Staff member
I still don't know what your question is.

Why do I lock threads? I don't lock threads unless it's politics - we're not going to do politics on this forum.

Why did I lock the thread why you asked why Kenny got banned? Why is it your business why someone else got banned? It's up to me and that person, if that person wants to know why - they can contact me.

Stop with the drama.

Kenny

Well Known Member
I still don't know what your question is.

Why do I lock threads? I don't lock threads unless it's politics - we're not going to do politics on this forum.

Why did I lock the thread why you asked why Kenny got banned? Why is it your business why someone else got banned? It's up to me and that person, if that person wants to know why - they can contact me.

Stop with the drama.
I didn't know I was banned. Oh, a Freudian slip.