Hi we are considering buying in Rocky Point, Need to know the Best way to get there

Hotiron

Hotiron, with all due respect, why do you want to buy a condo in Rocky Point? You live in Michigan so frequent short term visits are unrealistic. You've never been to RP, don't know the way or specifics on how to get there. There are no flights currently coming to RP, so you will need to fly to Phoenix and arrange transportation to RP which would be an all-day expensive hassle. In the future flights may be available, but no guarantee. There are non-stop flights to many other Mexican beachfront destinations with cheap airfare. A quick flight and a taxi or shuttle ride and you are beachfront sipping a margarita. No disrespect but why RP?

Hotiron

Hotiron, with all due respect, why do you want to buy a condo in Rocky Point? You live in Michigan so frequent short term visits are unrealistic. You've never been to RP, don't know the way or specifics on how to get there. There are no flights currently coming to RP, so you will need to fly to Phoenix and arrange transportation to RP which would be an all-day expensive hassle. In the future flights may be available, but no guarantee. There are non-stop flights to many other Mexican beachfront destinations with cheap airfare. A quick flight and a taxi or shuttle ride and you are beachfront sipping a margarita. No disrespect but why RP?

Hotiron

Hi Landshark, I've been warned about you land sharks down there lol. No offense taken ! Suppose your question makes sense, however as tequilatodd mentioned "due to there age they might be retiring." Which happens to be the case, my fiancée retired in January after 33 years in law enforcement. I own my own business a Pilates Studio and I'm also a personal trainer
so I can work almost any where.
We have researched many countries and are looking for a place to spend the winter and to vacation a few weeks of the year. We will be moving to the Denver area to be with kids and most likely will drive down once we are relocated spending most of our time in Colorado and RP. Nothing written in stone but that is why we are asking questions and serious about looking at condos in the RP area. Hope that makes more sense, and everyone's help has been greatly appreciated !

Last edited:

Hotiron

Last edited:

Hotiron

Last edited:

Hotiron

Last edited:

Hotiron

Hi Landshark, I've been warned about you land sharks down there lol. No offense taken! Suppose your question makes sense, however as tequila todd mentioned "due to their age they might be retiring." Which happens to be the case, my fiancée retired in January after 33 years in law enforcement. I own my own business a Pilates Studio and I'm also a personal trainer so I can work almost any where.
HAVING SOME SERIOUS TECHNICAL ISSUES FOLKS, SORRY I'M TRYING TO FIX IT!

Hotiron

Hi Landshark, I've been warned about you land sharks down there lol. No offense taken! Suppose your question makes sense, however as tequila todd mentioned "due to their age they might be retiring." Which happens to be the case, my fiancée retired in January after 33 years in law enforcement. I own my own business a Pilates Studio and I'm also a personal trainer so I can work almost any where.
HAVING SOME SERIOUS TECHNICAL ISSUES FOLKS, SORRY I'M TRYING TO FIX IT!

JoseAz

Me thinks Hot Iron is more of an on line personality than an aficionado....apologize if wrong....wishing all the best...to all....

Hotiron

Me thinks Hot Iron is more of an on line personality than an aficionado....apologize if wrong....wishing all the best...to all....
Of course I'm not an aficionado, certainly not on Rocky Point?? That's why I'm asking questions here, does that make sense?
I'm having some technical problems with my computer, pop-ups what have you, posting things 2 & 3 times.
My apologies for the double posts, I'm sorry if I have offended some..
I'm new to this and attempting to figure things out, just trying to get good info and several very kind people have done just that and I thank you all very much, very grateful for everyone's posts!

Landshark

Hi Landshark, I've been warned about you land sharks down there lol. No offense taken ! Suppose your question makes sense, however as tequilatodd mentioned "due to there age they might be retiring." Which happens to be the case, my fiancée retired in January after 33 years in law enforcement. I own my own business a Pilates Studio and I'm also a personal trainer
so I can work almost any where.
We have researched many countries and are looking for a place to spend the winter and to vacation a few weeks of the year. We will be moving to the Denver area to be with kids and most likely will drive down once we are relocated spending most of our time in Colorado and RP. Nothing written in stone but that is why we are asking questions and serious about looking at condos in the RP area. Hope that makes more sense, and everyone's help has been greatly appreciated !
Ha, yep you gotta watch out for sharks that can swim on the land. More than a few of them around here! Now that you've explained your plan this all makes sense. I gotta tell you I'm envious of you guys. I hope your retirement in Denver & RP meets your expectations. Take your time getting to know RP & how business is done south of the border. You'll be glad you did. Renting for awhile is cheap while real estate mistakes are not. Good luck!

Hotiron... I am on the same page totally. Some day I hope to able to retire and have a place in PP that I can come down any time I please.
Ladyjeeper (aka Cherie) and mis2810 (aka Melissa) are an inspiration to make my dream come true. If its a condo, house or trailer.. I dont care as long as I have a place to call my own.