Home Builder

Discussion in 'Real Estate' started by tndr_cpl, Jan 30, 2018.

1. tndr_cpl

tndr_cpl Active Member

We are looking hard at moving to Rocky Point. We have been coming down since 1980 (yes, for real!). We don't have specific plans and are looking at a number of possible options in terms of location (we are leaning toward Playa Encanto, but are open) and whether to buy or build. I have read through all the previous posts but I know things change, so ...does anyone have current recommendations for a builder? Thanks in advance for your thoughts.

2. Terry C

Terry C Well-Known Member

Your best bet would be to visit Grant's web site that Landshark gave you, look at the lots for sale, visit there, they all have for sale signs on them. Then ask for building references from the Realtor. I'm sure he can't recommend one but tell you who builds there.
    Here is a plot map I have on my web site. Everything is by MZ and Lot number. A MZ may be 30 lots but by the lot number you can see the location,,,

http://www.playa-encanto.com/Playa Encanto Plot Plan.htm

3. tndr_cpl

tndr_cpl Active Member

Thanks for the reply. I had already made a map that overlays the plot plan the Google earth map and color coded all the lots for sale the are listed in the mls, so we are getting a good idea of what is available? Grant sounds like a great guy but we have already contacted another realtor based on a recommendation from someone who lives in Playa Encanto. I was hoping to get some referrals from someone who had used a builder they were happy with. :)

4. ron

ron Well-Known Member

Fernando Curiel built my home in Los Portales which is next to Playa Encanto.

5. dirtsurfer

dirtsurfer Well-Known Member

I would advise you to buy something already built, standing, functioning and all systems working, have a good home inspector from Phoenix come down and perform and impartial inspection for you. If you build please hire a qualified builder and a qualified construction manager to represent you and ride herd on the builder and act as a go-between. You wouldn’t believe the shit they will build with and the compromises they will make out of sheer inexperience or lack of integrity—this actually sounds like what I see in the construction business in Phoenix.

Landshark likes this.
  6. PintoPoint

PintoPoint Well-Known Member

This is so true. I managed my own build and found out I had to be there when the crew was working.