Homicide in Encanto

The article is on periodico defrente. Scary shit. She was Canadian. Just heard from a reliable source she was house sitting for quite some time and was involved with some unsavoury characters.

Last edited:
The article is on periodico defrente. Scary shit. She was Canadian. Just heard from a reliable source she was house sitting for quite some time and was involved with some unsavoury characters.
I'm sure she deserved it for dealing with unsavories.... ‍:facepalm

Bottom line.... canadians/Americans clearly not off limits... how is this not news.....

STILL not seen a valid link just hearsay

I'm sure she deserved it for dealing with unsavories.... ‍:facepalm

Bottom line.... canadians/Americans clearly not off limits... how is this not news.....

STILL not seen a valid link just hearsay
As locals loose their incomes due to border closures crimes will rise. We seen it with the pandemic. People gotta eat.

MIRAMAR

Give me a break "people gotta eat". Murder is not justified, and neither is all the professional shoplifting we're seeing. This isn't a Jean Valjean moment, stealing a loaf of bread.

Last edited:
Give me a break "people gotta eat". Murder is not justified, and neither is all the professional shoplifting we're seeing. This isn't a Jean Valjean moment, stealing a loaf of bread.
I already implied that this was not robbery. Please read carefully. Break and enters will rise. Have you read the article Miramar?

Last edited:

richwi

I live very close to where this happened and in fact just went by the house. It was not a break in or burglary. All evidence points to someone waiting for her. This was definitely not a crime of opportunity, but was planned.

This is the article that appeared briefly on Facebook yesterday before it was taken down. I think the whole town is trying to keep it quiet because we are already hurting so badly that this will just push it over the edge. Although murders happen in Phoenix and Tucson every day, this just feels too close to home. Hopefully it wasn’t a random act and was targeted (I don’t mean any disrespect by this comment) so that even though it was devastating news .

Investigator murder of a Canadian woman in her home in Playa Encanto; She was found gagged and tied hand and foot.

A woman of Canadian origin, resident of Puerto Peñasco, identified as Valery B, 59 years old, was murdered in her home, in the Playa Encanto area, events that are being investigated by the Sonora Attorney General's Office.

The woman was found inside her home by friends who were her neighbors, inside one of the bathrooms, and she was with her hands tied behind her, with a tie around her ankles and her mouth tied with a red sweatshirt

A municipal public security report from this port indicates that at 11:36 a.m. on Thursday, December 14, a report was received of a possible robbery with violence and a lifeless person inside a home located in the Playa Encanto subdivision.

Upon arriving at the scene, the agents interviewed Nathan D., 54 years old, originally from Topenka, Kansas, USA, also a resident of Playa Encanto, who stated that he often visited Valery at his home, since he has no family there. port.

The reporter commented that at around 6:00 a.m. this morning, he noticed something strange while at his home. When he checked towards his friend Valery's house, he noticed that the lights of a pickup truck owned by the woman were with the lights. lit up, so he decided to go and warn him since
She is nearby and when she arrived she realized that the vehicle door was unlocked and had the
keys with the switch open and the vehicle off, trying to call her friend with no response, assuming that she had fallen asleep, so they took the vehicle keys and retired to her house.

4 hours later around 10:00 in the morning she insisted on trying to communicate with her friend Valery without any response so she decided to return home since it seemed strange to her because she always answers, that's when she decided to go in. her home to check if something happened, he makes it known that he knows where he keeps a key to the patio doors, that is why he made the decision to enter and noticed in the area where she lived that the door was damaged, forced and open. , it became more strange to him and he continued looking for her around the house, looking out of the windows, not having an answer, he decided to enter the main house since the interior doors were unlocked, there was only a closed bathroom which he also tried to open. with his hands but he was sure when he checked that it was not found throughout the house, he looked out of the bathroom window noticing a lump that seemed to be a person, it was
when she decided to dial the emergency numbers 911.

A Red Cross unit arrived at the scene, whose paramedics diagnosed the woman with no vital signs.

The public ministry agency and the unit of expert agents were notified of the events, and the State Investigative Agency arrived at the scene and was given the area to carry out the corresponding procedures.

I had it, from Facebook , but somebody took it down
I live very close to where this happened and in fact just went by the house. It was not a break in or burglary. All evidence points to someone waiting for her. This was definitely not a crime of opportunity, but was planned.
as awful as to say, I sure hope it wasn’t random, because we are all already on edge so much that this will just be too much for this little town to take. I assume that’s why it’s being kept off the Facebook pages. I posted an article below that I found yesterday, but was quickly deleted, may she forever rest in peace.

Those were her initials in the newspaper article Valerie B but if look at Tony ballesteros facebook page you will see her picture and information. The whale whisperer.
If tony knew her and more importantly spoke of her, it was unlikely she was a bad person. He is the best of the best when it comes to character.....and wouldn't give a bad person time of day......