Hope...

Any word on this years commercial shrimp season? September first as usual? Finished off the last of mine last night.

JJ

MEXIMO

Was told last weekend by fisherman at the port, September 20 is opening day. Need me some fresh colossal's!

Man that sucks...............

Probably plenty of last April catch still frozen in blocks being pitched as muy fresca.

Still better than Sam's Club or Wal Mart. The guys out on Salinas Point don't give a rats patooie about any stinkin season. I'll check them out on Sept first.

JJ

MEXIMO

Pangas are still at it, just not the volume but you can still find it. Julio across from the liquor store on bj just past coffee haus, has a hookup.

Stuart

Aye carumba!!!
Staff member
Was there for the blessing of the fleet one year, then watched as all the boats departed, fresh paint and repaired, one by one through the harbor. It was a big event and fun to watch. Don't know if they still do that or not.

Sept 16th is the official start for the big boats. Starting a week or so earlier than usual. Per RP 360.
I am sure they still bless the fleet, there was a big ceremony that day. (5 years ago anyway)

Last edited: