Hot Water Heater

We are at PDO and the hot water heater stopped working. The electric side has not worked very well for a while and now the propane system is down. I would think the pilot went out but cannot find any instructions on how to relight. Any suggestions?
Thanks,
Cathy (space 43)

InkaRoads

cronopiador
Make sure you have enough has in bottles, then turn gas knob to "off" position for about 10 minutes, come back and turn knob to "pilot" and push in and try to lite the pilot, it might take a few seconds, if there is air in the line, it will kind of make you lighter flame flicker but will not turn on, then you might have to hold knob in "pilot" position and push in for a minute or so, for air to come out, and at the same time keep trying to light pilot every few seconds.
What I do sometimes is point the lighter to the actual water heater flame thrower that heats the water, just next to the pilot light, and it will light on after a couple of tries and then you just wait a few minutes and the water will be hot, hope it helps, good luck!

Last edited:
I have looked at the unit and cannot find the pilot light switch or the gas on/off. The instructions tell me the same thing, but there isn't a knob or switch in view.

Some times they get rusted and need a little clean up. Turn the gas off and open the little slide over door to the pilot area. Clean with a small wire brush or some thing like that and tap on it to help clear debris. Does not work ! call the RV guy down there. Your park manager should know who he is. I know he was in Plya De Oro today.