hotel suggestions

apb739

What's a good fairly cheap/safe place to stay for two nights. Any suggestions are appropriated. Thanks

El Mirador Village. On the beach, pool, cable TV, AC works great in the summer, new and clean (maybe only 3 years old tops), in Mirador area, steps from Manny's, etc. and only $49 on the week days, $59 on weekends for a large room with two queen beds. http://www.elmiradorrockypoint.com/ The owners live up in Phoenix, they may have owned the RV park that was there originally, I'm sure someone else will chime in.

If we have to get out of our condo early on our last day in town we'll usually book a room here so we can stay longer, nap and shower before the trip home at sunset. Totally worth it.

AND, 24 hour security and lots of families stay there. Very safe family atmosphere.

Esperanza

Yep, we've stayed there as well and would stay again! They also have a pool and BBQ's down toward the beach. My teenage son didn't complain, so that speaks LOADS!! LOL

HAH, probably didn't complain because they have pretty reliable free wi-fi. Forgot about that part. Put your smart phone in "airplane" mode and use the wifi-only feature and you're good to go as well.

Roberto

I'll go along with El Mirador as well if you want beach front. Not a lot of flash there, but solid. I always liked La Roca in the Old port, a little less money and a lot less amenities but really fine people.

Esperanza

I'll go along with El Mirador as well if you want beach front. Not a lot of flash there, but solid. I always liked La Roca in the Old port, a little less money and a lot less amenities but really fine people.
That place looks so cool....We've talked about checking the place out. :)

InkaRoads

cronopiador
I have not used La Roca in a few years however it was always very clean and close to the Malecon/fish market!! another will be the Dreamweaver just a few blocks from La Roca in the same area, very cosy?sp

And the beach in front of El Mirador isn't too bad either. Not as fine grain as in front of the Sandy Beach resorts or Las Conchas and past, but it's good enough if you just want to walk down and hang out for a bit. Depending on how high the tide is, you shouldn't be walking over sharp reefs when you're standing just at the shore, but there are plenty of reefs present during low tide to check out the critters in the tide pools.

Esperanza

GingoZona, you're right about the beach.....I forgot. We were there at high tide on a really windy day. Lots of rocks/reef near the shore, but good swimming once you got out away from the edge. We've stayed at a few other places, higher and lower priced. We stayed out at Laos Mar, by Playa Bonita. Rooms were nice again, better pool area. We did not go to the beach on that trip.