House Hunter International

marybna

I do not think selling a 2 bedroom at Las Palomas for $130,000 is thrilling info. I paid $220,000 and had to sell an oceanfront 1 bedroom for $120,000 and that was 3 years ago. It would be nice if we could all hope that the value of these properties would start to comeback since there is no one building.People that watch that show are going to looking for more low ball offers. I thought is was depressing.

Terry C

I see things picking up in Playa Encanto. 2 lot sales, one house for 525K and a 6 plex pending, all in the last few months. One lot sale was a guy from France that plans to build in the next few years.

I do not think selling a 2 bedroom at Las Palomas for $130,000 is thrilling info. I paid $220,000 and had to sell an oceanfront 1 bedroom for $120,000 and that was 3 years ago. It would be nice if we could all hope that the value of these properties would start to comeback since there is no one building.People that watch that show are going to looking for more low ball offers. I thought is was depressing.
I was thinking the same thing! The 2 BR that sold was one of the lower valued condos at Las Palomas. I believe it is located in Phase 1 in the Rubi building, which is the furthest building from the water with obstructed views. While $130K is a great price for that unit, I can only think that any new prospects to Rocky Point generated from that show will be low ballers.

Jim Bob

User is currently banned
The thing of it is, the sad part, that things haven't scraped the bottom yet, ....... if I wanted to take a chance on that PC in Las Palomas ......... I would have hit them w / a $60 g's offer, the seller would have jumped on it, ~ ~ ~ then X my fingers that I could flip it fast ....... even then I'd be risking taking a bath, ... a BUBBLE bath, ...... no thankyou, ...... I'll wait for awhile, ........

Kenny

The thing of it is, the sad part, that things haven't scraped the bottom yet, ....... if I wanted to take a chance on that PC in Las Palomas ......... I would have hit them w / a $60 g's offer, the seller would have jumped on it, ~ ~ ~ then X my fingers that I could flip it fast ....... even then I'd be risking taking a bath, ... a BUBBLE bath, ...... no thankyou, ...... I'll wait for awhile, ........
So is that why you posted all that negative stuff about PP on ABC and other forums? You said how you would not only not ever go back yourself, but advised other's to stay away because it was to dangerous and full of thiefs; even throwing kids into the mix. So are you saying you only said all that stuff so that you could get a good price on a coop yourself?

Last edited:

dry heat

Pigeon coup coordinator
inventory is half of what it was 1.5 years ago at Las Palomas. things are starting to move and the 1st to go are the owners that have to sell (usually units that are fire sales). those units are fewer now and that 130k / 2 bedroom unit (cheapest plan and location in phase 1) is selling closer to 160k from 6 months ago. I hope that the show encourages people to come and purchase property in Rocky Point.

As a side note, two of the largest developments in rocky point are already starting plans to continue construction on various stages that were put on hold for some time.

I was thinking the same thing! The 2 BR that sold was one of the lower valued condos at Las Palomas. I believe it is located in Phase 1 in the Rubi building, which is the furthest building from the water with obstructed views. While $130K is a great price for that unit, I can only think that any new prospects to Rocky Point generated from that show will be low ballers.

Why weren't monthly condo fees discussed on the HHI segment, anyone know?

dry heat

Pigeon coup coordinator
Why weren't monthly condo fees discussed on the HHI segment, anyone know?
For fun, lets breakdown what is included in an HOA fee for a 1 bedroom (avg of $280 per month)...
electronic key system
telephone service (figure it is $20 per month for local phone service if you paid for it)
internet service (figure $30 per month as a stand alone service)
cable tv (figure $40 per month as a stand alone service)
underground covered parking
filtered water (figure $20 per month as a stand alone service)
common area maintenance
8 pools, 5 hot tubs
gas and electricity for the entire complex
24hr guard gated security
water service (figure $50 per month as a stand alone service for water and sewage)
HOA staff of over 150 employees
Gym

If you take the service that are somewhat easy to calculate a value from (ex. water, filter, cable, phone, internet). this would equal around $160 per month one would pay if paying for these service on their own. So if you are paying $280 per month for HOA, everything else listed above is costing you around $120 per month (ex. pools, security, guard house, hot tubs, common area maintenance, etc). Just another way to look at it.

playaperro

El Pirata
I see things picking up in Playa Encanto. 2 lot sales, one house for 525K and a 6 plex pending, all in the last few months. One lot sale was a guy from France that plans to build in the next few years.
Well might be news but lets break it down for real, What was that house listed at and for how long? Same for the lots, where they fire sales or just someone unloading or in trouble or need, be honest now.

playaperro

El Pirata
For fun, lets breakdown what is included in an HOA fee for a 1 bedroom (avg of $280 per mont
water service (figure $50 per month as a stand alone service for water and sewage)
HOA staff of over 150 employees
Gym

Is there anyway you can have directv without the dish sticking out of the porch? Sure hate to miss my novelas.

Terry C

Playa, There are several lots for sale in Playa Encanto. Off beach from 29K to 39K depending on views, etc. I don’t know what the others sold for. As far as the house it was a private sale so no listing or details were available other than what I heard it sold for.

Jim Bob

User is currently banned
Bottonfeeders sort of bug me man
~ ~ ~ What REALLY bugs, & pisses me off big time is a dog owner that dumps his pet puppy at a pound, and the poor little fellow has to fend for himself, ~ ~ ~ anyone that would do such a thing should be tied to a tree and whipped like the SOB that he is ! ! ! ~ ~ ~ Bubbles.jpg not me, no way ! ! !
Bubbles.jpg

dry heat

Pigeon coup coordinator
what does that have to do with the topic of real estate? amazing how one person can literally destroy the flow of information on a forum. the vast majority of what you type no one knows what it means, it is either filled with gibberish or nonsense. I get it, it was cute 7 years ago, but now its just old and tiring. do you need friends or attention or is it a matter of wanting to be a part of something? I don't get it homey. all you do is encourage others to either ignore you or no longer contribute by posting. I am sure the next comment from you will again make no sense or just serve the purpose of annoying everyone.
~ ~ ~ What REALLY bugs, & pisses me off big time is a dog owner that dumps his pet puppy at a pound, and the poor little fellow has to fend for himself, ~ ~ ~ anyone that would do such a thing should be tied to a tree and whipped like the SOB that he is ! ! ! ~ ~ ~ View attachment 5791 not me, no way ! ! !
View attachment 5791

Prices are already going up a little bit it will only get better as the home port is under construction and a very bright future for Rocky Point on its way. Let me know how i can help. Happy Sunday

This is correct information. If you would like send me your email and i can send you the MLS links on comps of what has sold in Rocky Point. Happy Sunday in Rocky Point

inventory is half of what it was 1.5 years ago at Las Palomas. things are starting to move and the 1st to go are the owners that have to sell (usually units that are fire sales). those units are fewer now and that 130k / 2 bedroom unit (cheapest plan and location in phase 1) is selling closer to 160k from 6 months ago. I hope that the show encourages people to come and purchase property in Rocky Point.

As a side note, two of the largest developments in rocky point are already starting plans to continue construction on various stages that were put on hold for some time.
Yes prices are going up and yes the inventory in Palomas is lower now. I live full time in Las Palomas. If you are interested in knowing more or checking the current market please email me. Happy Sunday in Rocky Point..

El Gato

Yes prices are going up and yes the inventory in Palomas is lower now. I live full time in Las Palomas. If you are interested in knowing more or checking the current market please email me. Happy Sunday in Rocky Point..
Which two developments are starting plans for continuing construction? Thank you.