How was the border crossing over Thanksgiving weekend?

I was tracking the Border Wait Times on the official site for one of my "neighbors" who were getting ready to leave....and it was showing a 30 minute wait at 2pm and 20 minute waite at 3 pm. Can't comment on it's accuracy...........

fasteddy

I got to the border around 3:30 on wed. waited about 5-10 mins. to get across. got to the border Sunday morning around 8:20 and had 2 cars in front of me.

Trip was great both ways. also ran into LadyJeeper at the duty free store and she invited me to the potluck unfortunatly we couldn't make it. town looked pretty
busy on friday. I don't really care for the "upgrades" that are going on downtown, liked it the way it was.

Ladyjeeper

Sonoran Goddess
Staff member
Got to the border at 9 this morning. No one in front of me. The guy says, "Where've you've been?" I say "Rocky Point" He says, "Whata'ya got?" I say, "one bottle of rum". He takes our passports, walks to the back of my Jeep and looks at the license plate, steps into the little room for 5 seconds, steps back out, hands me our passports and says" Have a good day."

Fasteddy, we were ALL looking forward to meeting you guys and drawing you into our lair.....LOL!

By the time I hit the border about 12:30, there were 2 lines open, with 4-5 vehicles in each. Wouldn't you know it, the line I picked was very slow....but I still got thru in about 10 minutes....friendly, couple questions, checked the plate on my jetski trailer, looked under rear tire well, and that was it.

MIRAMAR

At 6:00 p.m. on Sunday, there were 3 cars ahead of us- 2 lanes open. Wednesday at 6:30 p.m. there were 3 cars entering Mexico. Easiest Thanksgiving at the border in years.

jerry

Hour on Saturday around noon. The new dentist office looks real inviting on the east side of the street.

garyd

Last year the border was backed up for 4 hours. Any idea why this year was so different? Was there that many less people in town this year?

novalag

"looking good"
There didn't seem to be as many people in town as in previous years. And possibly many more left on Monday instead of trying to fight the crowds on Sunday. We crossed at 1:30 on Monday and there where about 25 or more cars, which is alot for a Mon afternoon.

Jim

This was the slowest Thanksgiving here that I have seen. And I've probably seen 10 or so.

joester

2 salty dawgs
came home yesterday (Tuesday) and crossed the border at about 11:30am.
never saw it so quiet - so of course they asked us to pull over for secondary inspection in our rv.
we had thought that one full carton of smokes per person was allowed, and the opened cartons didn't count - wrong!
ends up it's 200 cigs total per person.
gave us a tiny hard time sbout that. very inconsistant as to what was allowed back in - took our summer sausage (pork) and chicken breast (cold cuts). they looked all thru the rv, never asked about the opened bottles of booze, or some of the other food. We thought they were bored. not a big deal.

Bob Oso

Came home Sunday, crossed the border approx. 1:00pm, 5 cars ahead of me. Thought for sure it was going to be worse. Never made it in to town, but Cholla, JJ's, Sandy Beach were more crowded than I've seen in while.

Ladyjeeper

Sonoran Goddess
Staff member
Whoops!
I have been bringing like 4 cartons at a time home all this time! Did they confiscate the extra, Joe?

joester

2 salty dawgs
cigs

nope - but they told us to be aware of the rules and limits next time.
we'll take a look at the list Joe posted ;)

P

PeliRoja

We crossed at about 10 on Sunday morning, and wait was 14 minutes. We thought that was pretty good to some past experiences.

fasteddy

I brought back 4 cartons also for the neighbor. Everytime the guy asks if I have anything I just say no. never been checked.
I was able to see Jim on Friday as he showed me a great condo at the sonoran sun. prices are awesome
right now. anybody looking for a ground floor 3 bedroom talk to Jim
Ed