Huge loads of “stuff” on pickups headed to Mexico.

dirtsurfer

Well Known Member
Forum Supporter
Today I counted eight trucks stacked and loaded with every used garage sale item imaginable headed south to the border. How do these people get a load like this across the border?

gup

Had a community garage sale, In Denver. Mx. family and 2 cars with 2 ton truck, buying everything, some times, it seemed that the price was not haggled over. I asked him were to, Going to Chihuahua, Mx.

dirtsurfer

Well Known Member
Forum Supporter
I have seen these trucks with their loads at the border and they do not seem to be ripped apart or unloaded.To me, it looks like a good way to smuggle things in to Mexico but I am just a token observer.

mexicoruss

Lovin it in RP!
There is a system in place at the border for this transaction. They (the guys with the trucks packed full) pay the Mexican government an import tax on the used crap they bought up north. Then it comes to almost every city in the Frontera where it is sold at Segundas (second hand) it is a great system as all the unwanted merchandise so easily bought in the USA which gets boring when the new thing comes so it becomes trash to them and treasure to the second party (elongated sentence). It goes to use again instead of being thrown into the garbage dumps which are already overflowing with other stuff thrown away which probably could have been used by somebody else. Be glad somebody is reusing your throwaways.

RWong

There is a system in place at the border for this transaction. They (the guys with the trucks packed full) pay the Mexican government an import tax on the used crap they bought up north. Then it comes to almost every city in the Frontera where it is sold at Segundas (second hand) it is a great system as all the unwanted merchandise so easily bought in the USA which gets boring when the new thing comes so it becomes trash to them and treasure to the second party (elongated sentence). It goes to use again instead of being thrown into the garbage dumps which are already overflowing with other stuff thrown away which probably could have been used by somebody else. Be glad somebody is reusing your throwaways.
****That is true! I lived near a guy that has ton of washer & dryer. This guy comes from MX and buys it from here . I asked ,he said he can fix then way very simple and resell... Simple as that