Hurricane a comin .

JimMcG

Well Known Member
Yeah, we keep saying we’re going to do it but there’s always so many other maintenance problems that take priority. Damn salt air! Radiator probably needs replaced by now, everyone else’s did, salt and aluminum don’t get along. Battery, hoses, coolant, oil change... Makes me appreciate the propane fridge’s we used to use.
Beach weather, sand, salt, wind are absolutely brutal on beach homes and equipment but it is even worse and more expensive if they are not given adequate periodic maintenance. Trust me on this.

mondone

Whitecaps
I kept up on my generator that runs on propane (1000 L tank) and run it every time I come down. Just had it running last weekend. Also kept my solar and updated it a couple years ago to bidirectional so I'm always selling power back to CFE besides. So I s/b good no matter what.

JimMcG

Well Known Member
I kept up on my generator that runs on propane (1000 L tank) and run it every time I come down. Just had it running last weekend. Also kept my solar and updated it a couple years ago to bidirectional so I'm always selling power back to CFE besides. So I s/b good no matter what.
Perfect

Landshark

Well Known Member
Beach weather, sand, salt, wind are absolutely brutal on beach homes and equipment but it is even worse and more expensive if they are not given adequate periodic maintenance. Trust me on this.
Very true, but due to CFE being unbelievably dependable the generator maintenance has been moved to the back burner. We have been budgeting 11K annually for maintenance and the account is running on empty more times than not. That’s doing the maintenance in-house and hiring contractors only when needed. But the current incident reminds me that we need a backup plan in case of extended power outage so I’ll bring a battery down next week and get busy.

JimMcG

Well Known Member
We were scheduled to come down on Saturday but held off, glad we did. I am wondering if the evacuees will have to leave their vehicles behind.

mondone

Whitecaps
We were scheduled to come down on Saturday but held off, glad we did. I am wondering if the evacuees will have to leave their vehicles behind.
They have to leave them if it’s in the community. There’s no getting them out of here. Several had left their vehicles on the incoming road on the other side of where the river washed out the road. They will be able to retrieve them and drive back out to the highway.

JimMcG

Well Known Member
I’m pretty sure that this will bring the best out in the majority of neighbors helping each other out. It will work out if everyone keeps their cool and cooperates. It isn’t the first time that the East beaches have experienced this.
Good Luck to all!

Last edited:

MIRAMAR

Well Known Member
I talked to people this morning who saw what was posted , drove from Encanto to Luna Blanca on the beach and took the Mayan road out. Not sure if they went to caborca then sonoyta or penasco then sonoyta

danwerle

We ran a race this weekend from sonoita to rocky point and they had the race cars take the hwy to cross the river. I was told it was 16” deep so I led the race truck thru the crossing in my raptor, the deepest part had a good current going and the back of my raptor started to float a little. Highly irresponsible move on our part and I’m just glad no one was rinsed off the road

Attachments

mondone

Whitecaps
Mondone, how much was the bi-directional conversion?
I needed an additional circuit board installed in my Outback and 4 new Rolls batteries (old one's where shot), and I replaced all the cables with new one's also. I think in total it ran about $1500.

Encanto

I talked to people this morning who saw what was posted , drove from Encanto to Luna Blanca on the beach and took the Mayan road out. Not sure if they went to caborca then sonoyta or penasco then sonoyta
Just got back to Phoenix.

We went from Encanto to Mayan Road to Penasco this morning early. Two washes on the Highway were really deep !

We had to leave two vehicles at my house.

Pretty crazy, we were down for my kid’s wedding.

Had a blast. Everyone was very kind and helpful.

Thanks to all !!!!