I love this contest- Beautify Rodeo Drive

Mexico Joe

Cholla Bay 4 Life
Eddie Wharez is encouraging shop owners to beautify their businesses on Rodeo Drive to encourage more business:

http://rockypoint360.com/street-beautifying-contest/

It's a shame. The Cardboard Mall used to be a staple if you were in town and especially for the Cholla Bay crowd. There were some great shops. Nobody even bothers down that way these days and it's a little sad. If anyone ever needs shirts made, go see my friend Armando. He has a full screen printing/press in his store and can custom make designs and shirts. Good prices, great guy!

Kelney

We go there if we are looking for something specific and many times can find it. Unfortunately your almost guaranteed to get your vehicle washed there now.

I must say that lineup of crap on that street is now Penasco's biggest ripoff.

Anytime you go into a shop with no marked prices means they will size you up before giving you their always over inflated "deal". Every small item starts out at vente cinco dolares even though it's not worth dos dolares. I know that it's supposed to be quaint and customary to haggle a little, but who has the time? Twenty five dollars for a crappy simulated terra cotta flower pot that starts to disintegrate as soon as you put in a plant and water it?

Every single thing that they sell there you can get in Los Algodones BC cheaper. I almost always see hawkers there selling that crap and shrimp that recognize me from Penasco.

And as for the aggressive car sloppers, even after you order them to keep off, they still climb on. I've had to threaten them with a baseball bat twice this year. One gang-banger type even told me that I had to pay him something because he was from LA and got deported and didn't know how to do any work!

Oh well..............

JJ