I Saw a Whale!

Mexico Joe

Cholla Bay 4 Life
We went out yesterday afternoon with Oscar on the Tempo. We actually got to see the whale! Breached out of the water twice! I have tons of pictures and video that I'll post tomorrow. It was a fantastic day in RP!
Oscar from Del Mar Charters?

mis2810

Oscar from Del Mar Charters?
Yup. Really nice guy. Second time we've used Del Mar. The first was in 2010 to Bird Island with Felipe. Very happy with them.

Here's the video of the whale. I'll post pictures and more video later. In the beginning you can see the tail a bit, but then a little later on in the video right after you see my nephew (with his yo-yo!) in the bottom right hand side, if you look out to the water you'll see the whale jump out of the water. Saw 2 jumps, and lots of "tail". It was a fantastic day. The kids were thrilled - you can hear them screaming on the video! :D

Terry C

Video Unavailable
This video has either been removed from Facebook or is not visible due to privacy settings.???????????????

My calendar notation from last year suggests that I still have a few weeks to get down there for whale-sighting-season. It that holds true, I should really enjoy next week.

How does Presidents Day weekend look? Is that too late for whales?
I only started plotting "sighting season" on my calendar last year, based on blog commentary. The range was January 26 through February 8. But I have no other clue. CEDO would probably be a good source.

Luna

Sea Shell Goddess
Have seen all kinds of "critters" over the years but no whales - Yet! Lucky you.

Mexico Joe

Cholla Bay 4 Life
Yup. Really nice guy. Second time we've used Del Mar. The first was in 2010 to Bird Island with Felipe. Very happy with them.

Here's the video of the whale. I'll post pictures and more video later. In the beginning you can see the tail a bit, but then a little later on in the video right after you see my nephew (with his yo-yo!) in the bottom right hand side, if you look out to the water you'll see the whale jump out of the water. Saw 2 jumps, and lots of "tail". It was a fantastic day. The kids were thrilled - you can hear them screaming on the video! :D

Awesome! Next time, mention me. I consider Oscar to be a good friend of mine. He is an amazing guy. Extremely knowledgeable and very nice.

mis2810

Awesome! Next time, mention me. I consider Oscar to be a good friend of mine. He is an amazing guy. Extremely knowledgeable and very nice.
That's the second time I've met Oscar. He's a great guy. He was out at Bird Island with us, but on a different boat. We were all snorkeling around together, though. He was feeding a pelican on the platform of the boat and held him for me so I could pet the pelican!