I should have known

tortuga

Try the Pink Cadillac for their all you can eat fish fry on Friday night. Light batter, cole slaw, and fries. It's been my favorite for 15 years.

InkaRoads

cronopiador
Ink, we went to the lighthouse the first night. It might not be all that "traditional", but it's a good choice if you want a view and a pleasant experience, and never a bad meal........
I hope you tried the Habanero/mango fish plate, in my opinion the best so far!!! and of course once you add the view at sunset anyhting else is just........specially if you are in the company of your other half!! a couple of glasses of wine a few more drinks, watch the sunset, a little kiss here and there and what a wonderfull experience............sigh!!!
In regards to the bacon wrap shrimp, I do have to agree, many times I found that it depends on how much they fried it, one of the reasons I liked Balboa's so much, it was very tasty, it seems that they finish the cooking procees of the whole thing when they sautee it in the "empapelado" with the white wine, you can even taste the cheese, the shrimp and the bacon separate but in the same bite, if you know what I mean, I guess you just have to go and ordered next time!!

PS: there was not use of spell check in the creation of this post and no animals were harmed other than the shrimp, pork and cow to create a wonderful meal!!

Last edited:

InkaRoads

cronopiador
I guess the "sautee" term is not the right one, probably be best to discribe it as "sudado", as we say it in my country, literally will translate to "sweated" where in reality what happens is that the food will absorbe the flavors of the spices and condiments added to the wrap/empapelado and, of course, the process is different than sauteeing it too.
At the end it does not matter the food is still finger licking good!!

InkaRoads

cronopiador
OH!! almost forgot agreed with dm, ramon's does not have the fish fry in the menu but will make it for you or your party of fifty if it is ordered, I think he does advertise it in the little drink menus holders on the tables on Fridays!! however you can ordered any day of the week and I have come to the conclussion that the breaded is better than the grilled fish!!

Do they still have the jazz group playing at the Lighthouse? The owner played in his own little group.....but that was years ago....

HAPPY

User is currently banned
Hi Monkey, er rocky, ! ! ! ~ ~ ~

Do they still have the jazz group playing at the Lighthouse? The owner played in his own little group.....but that was years ago....
~ ~ ~ Hi Monkey, er rocky, How you be, ?

~ ~ ~ Oh, did you hear about the cook that got arrested ?

~ ~ ~ She got caught beating an egg, ! ! ! :lol: :lol: :lol:

~ ~ ~ Same ~ ~ ~ "NASTY" ~ ~ ~ that beats hell out of ~ ~ ~ jet ski riding MONKEYS, ! ! ! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Last edited:
~ ~ ~ Hi Monkey, er rocky, How you be, ?

~ ~ ~ Oh, did you hear about the cook that got arrested ?

~ ~ ~ She got caught beating an egg, ! ! ! :lol: :lol: :lol:

~ ~ ~ Same ~ ~ ~ "NASTY" ~ ~ ~ that beats hell out of ~ ~ ~ jet ski riding MONKEYS, ! ! ! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Typical "useful" :deadhorse:HAPPY post.......now watch....I betcha he comes on with his usual childish response of how he "hooked" someone!!!

Attachments

Last edited:

HAPPY

User is currently banned
~ ~ ~ Achi ! ! !

Typical "useful" :deadhorse:HAPPY post.......now watch....I betcha he comes on with his usual childish response of how he "hooked" someone!!!
~ ~ ~ Ay Dios Mio, dolor MUY fuerte ! ! ! ~ ~ ~ CONECTAR CON CALAMARES A LA ROMANA ! ! ! :fish: y :fish: y :fish: y

~ ~ ~ & Everyone sees it, ~ ~ ~ :lol: :lol: :lol: ~ ~ ~

Last edited:

tortuga

I don't go to Capones very often, but went Thursday night with a group of eight. It was horrible. The glasses of water were obviously from the tap and tasted bad. The diet coke that three ordered was flat. The "marinara" sauce on the pizza and my meatball wrap was basically tomato sauce out of a can. My bill for a meatball wrap (which was overcooked), dinner salad, and diet coke was 180 pesos. The onions rings were wonderful and we had a great waitress. Won't be going back except maybe for a beef and onion rings.

I have been in the food and beverage business pretty much all my life. I'm not that picky when it comes to food because I know how hard it is to please people. But there are certain foods that one should just not screw up..............and one of them is shrimp. Well, Ramons did just that for me. I ordered the shrimp in garlic and was so disappointed that I'm still bitching about it (my husband can verify this) and that was in February. Bruce had tacos which were very good, but I just can't get past the shrimp, so I probably will not eat there again. (I do believe in giving places a second chance though, but there are so many other restaurants that I want to try and I really don't want to spend my money there again just to see if they can get it right the second time.)

mr.phx

Al Pastor Locator
Hmmmm, unprepared to serve ice tea, grey 'fried' foods, sounds like a supply chain shortage! Actually, the fryer wasn't hot enough. Next time, storm into the kitchen and force the cookie to eat them all. Then, watch him/her eat them and have'm cook up a new batch in front of you! har har!