In Desperate Need of a WALKER

Mexico Joe

Cholla Bay 4 Life
As the title states, in desperate need of a walker!

Ok soooo.... Got a little wet on the Del Mar Charter sunset sail with my good friend Oscar Presiado. On the way home I decided to make a detour into the DEZ. Apparently I put my walker in the bed of my truck instead of inside the cab like I ALWAYS do. Well, I'm sure you can guess what happened next. I ripped around the desert over to COMP HILL and then back to Bella. We go to get out to come up to the room and NO WALKER. Now my GF is really pissed. She didn't appreciate the dez detour much. So I went and retraced our route 3 times and couldn't find anything. Not sure how. We retraced our tracks perfectly so I'm assuming someone has already picked it up and taken it.

Anyone know anywhere in town, a flea market or something similar where I can buy a used walker??? Problem is, I do ANYTHING without it. Only good thing this trip is that I brought my wheelchair for the resort being that it's so big. So right now I'm confined to the resort. The malecon and CHOLLA BAY are NOT wheelchair friendly so I'm really trying to save face with the GF and find another walker for the next 3 days or our trip has just been cut down in it's prime....

kahunito

Damn Joe that sucks. Maybe try one of the Farmacias, you can get bout anything at those. I like San Martins just down from cholla mall.

Mexico Joe

Cholla Bay 4 Life
Joe call me I can give you directions dm.
Thanks Russ. We actually have just made it work so far. We leave manana.... We wanted to get out on the water today and not BS around trying to find one but thank you for replying. I kind of figured some of the second hands might have one but we spent the whole day on the jet ski and around the resort here I've been ok. Leaving in the morning so I guess I made it through this one.

Mexico Joe

Cholla Bay 4 Life
If you ain't got one,I'll give you mine. Serious.
I have a couple of spares in Phoenix. Staying at the resort was the key. We haven't gone anywhere but Cholla Bay so we opted not to waste any time going to find one. I thought we were going to do dinner and maybe a bar or something one of the nights which would have been impossible in the chair. Usually why I leave it at home and go walker for the whole trip but because we were staying at the resort I brought the chair too and it saved my ass this trip. If we weren't at the resort I would have been SOL. We were on the jet ski for 7 hours today. Did some snorkeling right out in front of BROKEN WAVES house and saw a couple leopard grouper in the 10lb range, needle fish, a couple of trigger, 2 or 3 puffer, angel fish, a lot of like dark colored reef fish that I couldn't identify and lots of sergeant majors. Fun day.

brokenwave

Well Known Member
MJ, you're trying to make me famous. :) I love snorkeling in front of my place always see some nice fish lurking in the rocks.
Shame you're not there longer. I'll be down Friday morning for 2-3 weeks, we could of had a beer or 2.

Mexico Joe

Cholla Bay 4 Life
MJ, you're trying to make me famous. :) I love snorkeling in front of my place always see some nice fish lurking in the rocks.
Shame you're not there longer. I'll be down Friday morning for 2-3 weeks, we could of had a beer or 2.
Leaving today. We might give it one more go before we leave. We're trying to get back down at the end of the month. We'll SEA what happens. We anchored in 10ft of water right in that little cut where the sidewalk goes down to the water on the East side of the white house. AKA Lucky Chucky's Leopard Grouper honey hole!

brokenwave

Well Known Member
I snorkel on the north side of the big house, visibility seems better there and you're somewhat protected from the surge by the point.
If you come down at the end of the month let me know, we should still be there.