Indiana Sprintweek Kokomo Feature Highlights!

Kenny

[video=youtube;PT2JESALx1M]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PT2JESALx1M&feature=player_embedded[/video]

Landshark

Very cool! Hard to believe these guys can drive the car out of the corner with the front tires barely touching the track. Not much time to relax when driving one of these.

Kenny

Very cool! Hard to believe these guys can drive the car out of the corner with the front tires barely touching the track. Not much time to relax when driving one of these.
These guy's run a Aluminum block 410ci engine that puts out 900+ HP, with no clutch, straight drive, and no mirrors. That's the USAC national guy's for the most part, and they'll be at Canyon Raceway this fall for a two day show. Their much better in person, but watch out, the smell of methanol is addictive.

Hall of fame classic...http://www.canyonspeedwaypark.com/

We call it "steering with the gas pedal".

Landshark

My dad had stock cars and eventually a sprint car when I was a kid in northern Indiana. This was in the 1950's. We have always been auto racing enthusiasts. As my brother & I grew up we got into drag racing. Lots of fun times. This is a car we restored for a customer about 15 years ago. We did the cosmetic part of it. My 70 year old dad did most of it!

Jack McGrath 1951 Kurtis Kraft 4000.jpg

Kenny

My dad had stock cars and eventually a sprint car when I was a kid in northern Indiana. This was in the 1950's. We have always been auto racing enthusiasts. As my brother & I grew up we got into drag racing. Lots of fun times. This is a car we restored for a customer about 15 years ago. We did the cosmetic part of it. My 70 year old dad did most of it!

View attachment 4724
Man I love those champ dirt cars! I'm a Hoosier too, but we left for Torrance when I was a baby. My dad ran the circuit after the war, and between him and my uncles I've been around them one way or the other all my life. Terry has a rich history with the open wheel stuff as well. If you ever get the itch to go see em run, I'd be glad to meet you (you to Terry) at the track.
Here's a site I know you guy's will love. Not sure Terry, maybe I already sent this one to you sometime in the past...History VINTAGE SPRINT CAR PIC THREAD, 1969 and older only please. - THE H.A.M.B. Some good stuff here too.Sprint Car Photo Album page

Kenny

Peru Indiana is my hometown, My dad use to race at bunkerhill raceway when I was a kid!!
That's four of us that I know of on here then. Chari, Ladyjeeper claims that's where her hillbilly side came from, Indiana. Beachgrove here.

kelly

I was born in franfort, indiana raised in Peru, mu dad worked for N&W railroad raced on the weekends! My kids think thats where my hillbilly side comes from.

kelly

Any of you Indiana folks go to myrtle beach South Carolina. I went there for vacations, I think thats why I love puerto penasco so much!!

Landshark

Man I love those champ dirt cars! I'm a Hoosier too, but we left for Torrance when I was a baby. My dad ran the circuit after the war, and between him and my uncles I've been around them one way or the other all my life. Terry has a rich history with the open wheel stuff as well. If you ever get the itch to go see em run, I'd be glad to meet you (you to Terry) at the track.
Here's a site I know you guy's will love. Not sure Terry, maybe I already sent this one to you sometime in the past...History VINTAGE SPRINT CAR PIC THREAD, 1969 and older only please. - THE H.A.M.B. Some good stuff here too.Sprint Car Photo Album page
Great sites! Thanks! I could spend all day checking these out. Count me in for a race in the fall. I'm way overdue!

Kenny

Great sites! Thanks! I could spend all day checking these out. Count me in for a race in the fall. I'm way overdue!
Good deal! OK, even though they haven't gone on sale yet, some of us hard core guy's have been allowed to reserve seats for the big events coming up, the USAC Hall of Fame Classic in October, and the Western World in November.
What you could do is call the track and tell the lady (brain fart) that you know Kenny, and that you'd like to get a reserved seat for 1 or both nights for the USAC race, and as close to me, and our group as possible. There's going to be a great bunch up top toward turn one, and they'll be coming in from as far as S Dakota, and of course there's always some Hoosiers in the crowd. What will happen is she'll take your card # and info, but your card won't be charged until the tickets go on sale. When the tickets go on sale you'll be charged, and she'll then mail you the tickets.
Or you can let me know you're going to show up, and I'll tell you where we are, and you can find us, but we are in the reserved top rows.Schedule « Canyon Speedway Park
The USAC race was some good stuff last year, and we're all really looking forward to it.

Now I could call in advance and tell her my friend landshark is going to be calling, but I'm afraid she'll just laught at me.

The USAC site..http://www.usacracing.com/

Last edited:

Kenny

#ISW Indiana Sprintweek Terre Haute @gojackslash @usacracing

[video=youtube;Kj4yj9Mtc24]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kj4yj9Mtc24&feature=player_embedded#![/video]
A good interview with the modern day Cowboy, Darren Clayton.

GV Jack

Snorin God
Any of you Indiana folks go to myrtle beach South Carolina. I went there for vacations, I think thats why I love puerto penasco so much!!
I'm from a neighboring state, Ohio and I used to go to Myrtle Beach alot. First time I went, there were only nine golf courses. Stayed at the Thunderbird and it was a
little piece of heaven right there. Ate at Cagneys and had the best steak and artichoke hearts ever tasted.

Landshark

Indiana Sprintweek...WOW! That's a lot of racing in a week.

July 13 @Gas City, IN/Gas City I-69 Speedway
July 14 @Kokomo, IN/Kokomo Speedway
July 15 @Lawrenceburg, IN/Lawrenceburg Speedway
July 18 @Terre Haute, IN/Terre Haute Action Track
July 19 @Putnamville, IN/Lincoln Park Speedway
July 20 @Bloomington, IN/Bloomington Speedway
July 21 @Haubstadt, IN/Tri-State Speedway

Kenny

Here's where my mind go's when I think of Ohio, ELDORA!.. JJ Yelley, and Jerry Coons jr, are AZ boy's.
[video=youtube;8UK3LrifMnM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8UK3LrifMnM[/video]