Info/opinions wanted

I was going to post this in a couple of the facebook groups but people here are far more knowledgeable in general... We are looking to buy a couple quads for our place in Playa Encanto. Mostly for our kids and grandkids to use while they visit (I know about the rules for quads there and we tend to be "rule followers")..that being said..would you buy in the states and bring them to RP or would you look for a couple down there?

Looking around in RP for used quads can be tough to find, stay away from the rentals you see around town.
You (or a friend) could put a wanted ad on the board in JJ's for some, there are plenty sitting in peoples garages (in Cholla and other places) not being used since Rhinos/Razers have taken over.

If you don't mind buying Chinese brands, the Electra store in RP sells new quads for about $1,200. (you can buy some brands in the US but more $$).

Most of the 2 wheel bikes and scooters you see driving around RP are Chinese, my local friends have 3 of the 2 wheel bikes and love them
Mechanically no problems in a little over 1 year. For just putting around they can make sense.

Buying in the US is easy, plenty of options to choose from, only small issue is getting them across the border, having the Mexican customs
people look them over and check S/N's, just need titles for any you bring down.

Here is the link for Quad hunter, http://www.quadhunter.com
Good luck.

Landshark

Any vehicle that is kept in RP, especially quads that are usually beach runners, develop a tremendous amount of rust and corrosion in a very short period of time. The high humidity and salt destroys everything it comes in contact with. Personally, I would find a clean AZ quad and take it down. Plastic gas tanks are a must. Once there, store it in a garage, power wash after use, and spray the entire quad top to bottom with a 50/50 mix of an ArmorAll type product and water before putting it back in the garage.

Jerry, I'm not seeing any $1,200 Honda/Polaris quads, $2,200-4,000 range, not that many on Phx CL. Do you know of any?

I rinse my Quad's (or old 3 wheelers) off every trip if I'm on the beach near the water or every 3 trips if I'm just putting around.
Only some surface rust after 10-15 years of being totally in Mexico and being kept in a garage in Cholla 150 feet from the ocean.

I keep a plastic tarp on them when were gone, but amazingly they still look very good after 10-15 years being in Cholla.
Only maintenance I do other than oil changes and gas drain is, Armor-all them 2x per year and spray WD-40 or similar preservative on the chain and sprockets.

jerry

Jerry, I'm not seeing any $1,200 Honda/Polaris quads, $2,200-4,000 range, not that many on Phx CL. Do you know of any?

I rinse my Quad's (or old 3 wheelers) off every trip if I'm on the beach near the water or every 3 trips if I'm just putting around.
Only some surface rust after 10-15 years of being totally in Mexico and being kept in a garage in Cholla 150 feet from the ocean.

I keep a plastic tarp on them when were gone, but amazingly they still look very good after 10-15 years being in Cholla.
Only maintenance I do other than oil changes and gas drain is, Armor-all them 2x per year and spray WD-40 or similar preservative on the chain and sprockets.
I see the deals on and off...more in Sierra Vista,Tucson and green valley..usually if they want 1600 they will take 12

I would just buy the cheap new quads for sale in RP. Take care of them but run them until they fall apart. Rinse, repeat.
Sounds like a plan, I think a cheap quad from Electra or other store is my next purchase.
Use it for my girls and wife to putt around on but keep the Honda 400 and 450 for people who know how to ride them.