Internet Cell phone?

Hi
I was wondering if anyone knows a US internet, or cell provider that provides coverage in Rocky Point. I am a real novice regarding cell providers. Anyone know what my best bet would be for a cell provider. I was also wondering if high speed internet has made it to Rocky Point yet.
Chris

JGattheSea

PIF Puerto Peñasco
We are at the Sonoran Sea and have free internet here and I think the Spa does also or at least our friends that lived over there did. They also have and common internet center/room with computers. I dont have cell service here local but added a mexico plan to our ATT account in case of emergency. Every else on the forum can tell you how to get a Telcel local phone here probably a better deal. There are some other posts about this too so just keep poking around till somebody gets ya the best options. And the weather is BEAUTIFUL right now!

Rhino

While there may be more, I know that ATT & Verizon have service in RP. High speed internet made it to RP a bunch of years ago. I pay less than $30/month at Esmeralda for speed comparable to what I have in the US. Service at some resorts like Bella Sirena is free!

Roberto

Hi
I was wondering if anyone knows a US internet, or cell provider that provides coverage in Rocky Point. I am a real novice regarding cell providers. Anyone know what my best bet would be for a cell provider. I was also wondering if high speed internet has made it to Rocky Point yet.
Chris
Yes, we have good internet service. I'm sure you will be able to get it at your rental. Regarding a cell phone, not sure what you are looking for. If you want good economical phone service to any where in the US and Canada, get Magic Jack, you can find it on the internet. Last I heard it was a flat $50 for the year. You take the little unit with you wherever you want and use with wireless service anywhere you find it. The new one does require available internet but not a computer. Get calls, make calls unlimited using a regular phone that plugs into the magic Jack. This would live in your condo and so it does not have the portablity of a cell but great and very cheap service. If you feel you need a cell for local calls ( a good idea IMHO), TelCel cheap phone about $30 or so, buy minutes as you need them it lots of convenient locations and yes it will get calls from the US. Lots of places to buy them including a huge Tel Cel store right on the main street in town, Benito Juarez that has hundreds on display.

marybna

I put a magicjack in my rental unit. It has a PHX number which I give out to renters. They really like having it. All my relatives are much happier when we are in Mexico and they can call us.I put pennytalk on my cell phone so that I can call back to the US when I am out and about.

playaperro

El Pirata
I use magic jack have two of them if anyone wants to buy one i will be down after my jury duty this week and have them with me. you can have two numbers on one like a usa number and a mexican #. You can also buy min on a cell phone like pennytalk.com. Just need to have internet service.