Iron Gate

Dawg

Does anyone know where one can have a courtyard gate fabricated in Rocky Point? About to undertake a remodel; lots of places to have one made in Phoenix but would rather buy local if I can. Thanks!

mexicoruss

Lovin it in RP!
Tons of places, you will love the work and the prices will make you happy. Do you have a design? A time frame? Certain type of material?

Dawg

Tons of places, you will love the work and the prices will make you happy. Do you have a design? A time frame? Certain type of material?
I do have some general ideas regarding design, and looking for something in a metal. Anodized aluminum would be great given corrosion issues, but iron or steel would be fine if it can be powder coated. I'm looking for a metal frame with interesting design features that would allow a composite "trex" type material (as opposed to wood) to be fastened to assure some privacy from passersby. I'm sure I could come up with some design examples if I could find someone to work with. We live in the Seattle area. We're heading down to finalize some issues on the project in the middle of June. I was going to engage a Phoenix firm to build something for me so I could bring it with, but if I don't have to do that I can just work with the local vendor and have my contractor pick it up when it's ready. Construction for the remodel project is scheduled for Mid-July through August, but I won't be down again until later in the year so need to get it planned now.

Thanks for the reply and any referrals that you have!

Bill Isabell

If you want powder coating, you will not be able to find it in RP Had to bring my doors powder coated from Phoenix. No one in RP has the ovens to powder coat.

Powder coating will not last. I had my rails triple coated and they still rusted. Hot dipped galvanizing and painting is a great way to go.

Dawg

Powder coating will not last. I had my rails triple coated and they still rusted. Hot dipped galvanizing and painting is a great way to go.
That's one way steel boats are protected, so makes sense, especially with a 2-part polyurethane paint. Does anyone in RP have this capability?

jerry

If using wood,bring down some Spanish Cedar,Ipe or Port Orford Cedar...all local wood sucks...plastic wood is well....sort of cheesy looking in time

My gates have been epoxy painted and they still rusted. My neighbor, who owns a fence company in Flagstaff, hot dipped galvanized and powder coated his iron....all rusted within 2 years.

Terry C

We got 10 plus years out of our double driveway gates. Double powder coated. Always washed and wiped them down. Small pin holes in the welds started rusting and they went bad from there. All rusted now.

Roberto

There is an interesting looking metal working shop across from Numeros.

If you are anywhere near the sea, embrace the rust !!! Learn to love the iridescent red/brown colors and streaks on your driveway. Testimony to man's feeble efforts to thwart nature!!

Dawg

Thanks everyone. I'll check out the place across from Numeros when I'm next in town. Any other leads appreciated.

Dawg.....

That place across from Numeros ( 1 block away ) toward the main blv. is a first class place. They do a good job of grinding the greese and any rust off the steel before they prime and paint.
Make sure you tell the boss you want epoxy 2 part primer, but they may/ will do . One thing, if you go there during the week, you'll find two non english speaking workers, a coupele of nice young guys, and I think the only English they know is when you ask for the boss , they tell you to come back in an hour!

I found the boss there one day, gave him my prints, said I would stop back! For a whole week I was stopping back in an hour!

I was told by another Mexican businessmen that the boss works at the town hall or something like that. He is there on Saterdays and maybe brefely on his lunch time, or after work.

Make sure you got a set of drawn prints for them, as the boss speaks some english, but the better drawn the better the comunication.

dd

marybna

All my powder coated patio furniture now hasa white coating on it. I am going to sand it off and try repainted it.

Dawg

All my powder coated patio furniture now hasa white coating on it. I am going to sand it off and try repainted it.
oxidation. It might clean up with a rubbing compound, which would be a lot less work than sanding and painting.

marybna

Thanks, I will try that. We are going down rightafter the 4th. We have been booked all summer so it is time to do some upgrading and replacemnt. The fact that my place was used for shooting the druggies has noot hurt the rentals at all. It is the great view I guess.

Landshark

Agree about oxidation. Clean it off with a polishing compound & then apply a car wax to help prevent it from happening again. Or at least slow down the process.

marybna

Thanks I got a can of it to bring. I also will probably have to touch up the paint. I am sure there is somewhere down there that I can buy rustoleom spray paint.