Is there a beer shortage?

brokenwave

Well Known Member
Corona products have been scarce since mid 2021, Corona can be found occasionally. Sam's had 24 cases of bottles my last 2 trips
down before this past summer where I went into Sam's. The Modelorama Ron Rico store in Cholla has had some Corona and Victoria.

Pacifico lite has only been available in the 1 liter bottles and 12oz cans for the past year. The 1 liter bottles are still scarce.
Victoria is another Corona brand and is getting to be easier to find. (it's OK).
I'll see if the situation is better on my next trip in early Nov.

GringoZona

Well Known Member
Corona products have been scarce since mid 2021, Corona can be found occasionally. Sam's had 24 cases of bottles my last 2 trips
down before this past summer where I went into Sam's. The Modelorama Ron Rico store in Cholla has had some Corona and Victoria.

Pacifico lite has only been available in the 1 liter bottles and 12oz cans for the past year. The 1 liter bottles are still scarce.
Victoria is another Corona brand and is getting to be easier to find. (it's OK).
I'll see if the situation is better on my next trip in early Nov.
Are you saying the only thing you can easily find is Dos XXs & effing Tecate swill?

brokenwave

Well Known Member
Are you saying the only thing you can easily find is Dos XXs & effing Tecate swill?
Yep, DosXX, Tecate, Amstell light and Bud Lite are plentiful. Most other Corona products are still very scarce.
Now Tecate lite on tap isn't too bad, but in bottles not so good.

joanC

Well Known Member
I wish i was telling a lie here, but not:

12 days ago went to Walmart and Sams to buy a bottle of rum and vodka, the biggest sellers.

Shelves were empty.

Overhead shelves, 10 ft up, had cases of what I wanted.

I found a liquor dept employee and he dragged his mobile ladder to fetch what I needed from above. I showed him the empty shelves.

He opened cases from 10 ft up, and handed the 2 bottles down to me.

It never occurred to him he should bring down some bottles to fill the shelves of the best sellers.

I went back yesterday...still empty shelves and cases sitting above.

GringoZona

Well Known Member

12 days ago went to Walmart and Sams to buy a bottle of rum and vodka, the biggest sellers.

Shelves were empty.

I found a liquor dept employee and he dragged his mobile ladder to fetch what I needed from above. I showed him the empty shelves.

It never occurred to him he should bring down some bottles to fill the shelves of the best sellers.

Haha that's called JOB SECURITY!

Old55

Well Known Member
Inflation is running higher in Mexico than the US or Germany.I think many people are stocking up ….smart

CheddarBob

Well Known Member

Shelves were empty.

Shelves restocked as of yesterday.

AZRob

Well Known Member
We were down last weekend and yep booze and beer were hit and miss at places.
Guy at
Disriblvdora
K
Penasco
Blue building has liquor store and bud light sign on face of building. its behind another beer liquor store off of Fremont St.

He thought I didn't know the exchange rate and tried to rip me off for $20 US. Never will buy there again. That was my go-to place for years, but not anymore.

The wind storm was cool to see with the high waves. Seen the Navy ship also. The hurricane really ripped up the houses and the beach. Seen 500lb plus block walls out in the water from the houses on the beach.
It must have been huge waves and wind.

AZRob

Well Known Member
I tried to post some pics but keep getting "A server error occurred. Please try again later. "

AZRob

Well Known Member
It seems like beer companies are not producing bottled beer. I see more cans than bottles. around my area in AZ.

brokenwave

Well Known Member
Colored glass for bottles was in short supply for a few years, due to the pandemic, labor shortages and transportation issues.
Supposedly that has gotten better. Seems like the big beer companies like Budweiser have plenty of bottles.
As of Aug. Pacifico in bottles is nowhere to be found, but is plentiful in AZ at $10 for a 6 pack.

Next week I'll find out if the Penasco bottled beer supply has gotten better.