Jellyfish warnings

mexicoruss

Lovin it in RP!
I do believe that unless you actually saw what was in those trucks it was NOT jellyfish.

As I wrote above, we were passed by three of those trucks heading south as we were heading north on the coastal highway towards El Golfo. The trucks that passed us and left us hosed down by that grey stinking liquid were filled with rotting fish, namely those of the Croaker family. The crap that still coats my new Ford Raptor is a grey smelly rotting fish oil emulsion. No jellyfish contain oils like that in their bodies, when they wash up on the beach they just dry up into parchment thin nothings, no stink, no rot, nothing, as their bodies are 99.99% water.

If anyone is claiming that the catch is jellies then it's just a lie to hide the obvious FACT that the gill net croaker rape is a full scale current operation with the Mexican authorities being totally complicit.

Oh Brother Where Out Thou?...............you Sea Shepherd foreign tuffies, suckin down those Lysol Margaritas en San Felipe?

Us Vaquitas really do need a little help! We will be the last of our kind and be terminated by the end of this summer.

JJ
Cannonball jellyfish from Upper Gulf of California generates important income

By José Antonio Pérez

June 12, 2017. Fishermen families in the Golfo de Santa Clara of the Upper Gulf of California have seen economic revenue of over 21 million pesos with launch of the cannonball jellyfish season, reports SAGARHPA Deputy Secretary of Fishing and Aquaculture, Marco Antonio Ross Guerrero. In the first twelve days of the season, 4,020 tons of cannonball jellyfish had already been captured, valued at 5 pesos per kilogram. He added jellyfish capture does not hinder measures at sea to protect the endangered vaquita marina. Cannonball jellyfish are sent to markets in Asia, indicated the Deputy Secretary, and has extended to the fishing communities of Puerto Peñasco and Guaymas, creating jobs for just over 3,000 people directly among fishermen and processing plants.

mis2810

Well Known Member
Charlie Hall added 2 new photos.
14 hrs ·
Cleaning and shipping jellyfish at the seafood processing center in Puerto Peñasco. They invited me to help but I declined. Somebody eats these!!

These are the famous Havana Jelly fish circa 1958 at the advent of digital cameras​
This is exactly what I saw on the road with my own eyes. I've also seen the ad the processing plant puts on the local Facebook job boards looking for processing workers.