JJ"s Cantina to Change Owners, Remodel in January

ernesto

I never patronize a taco stand that doesnt have running water and very seldom eat in restaurants during the humid sweaty summer months.

mexicoruss

Lovin it in RP!
The wife and I loved the burgers and fries at JJ's, it was the one bar we both agreed was our favorite. Randy (Wrecked) will do a nice job at JJs, I am looking forward to what he has planned.

The food was hit or miss, sometimes just what you needed and cooked OK and then there were the times
we wished we went elsewhere.

In the last 15 years I have never eaten there in late May-mid Oct, But 5-15 years before that I just wanted
tacos and beer even in July, so it didn't matter.

Ya know folks...........

Basic food hygiene 101 from kindergarden back in the 50's pre FUSA.........

If it's covered with filthy black shit eating flies that just emerged from pupas that fed on a dead carcass or a pile of shit their whole lives they probably have every disease that the shitter or carcass had when he, she or it had when dropping dead or dumping the load.

And everybody knows?? That winged adult flies soften up their newly located booty with up-chucked vomit from their last meal.

Wanna use uncovered days old condiments from any turd world shit hole? You are only asking for a trip to the bomb sight or the nearest ER if you can find one.

We have eaten the delicious fish tacos from JJ's for years and never had an issue. Of course we would never consider using their condiment tray for good reason.

Just saying and stop bitching.

JJ

The Brass Pig...........

Kinda new in Mirador, just behind the old Best Western Playa Inn.

Joe, of Black Dog days has opened this BBQ Rib House. Lots of good eats, rib racks, crinkle cut fries, home cooked beenziz, tater salad, cole slaw and a selection of home made Merican style pies by the slice.

We got a full rack of pig ribs with all of the fixings for $38.00 to take out and couldn't eat half of it!

The Mirador locals have already homed in on it. A perfect stop after a long day on the dunes.

JJ

mexicoruss

Lovin it in RP!
We went out to the JJs site yesterday, it is going to be nice! New bathrooms, opened up back deck and the new owner has some good plans on food service and all. Plus he said hat Cesar is going to be in charge of he bar like he has been for over a decade. We got a good feeling after talking with him

JJ’s was the Club de Pesca when I first had a beer there. We ran JJ’s off-road races twice a year for many years and I will always have fond memories of the great times at that spot.

AZRob

I don't think he wants to keep the same old look. I hope he changes the name.

Rebranding will bring new and old customers that were not happy with the old place.

I met Randy ( I do not know him well) just before he opened the Wrecked. We were taking pictures of the church confessional inside. Before that we called the Wrecked "That Blue Bar" cause it was painted a bright blue and wasn't open that much. So in keeping with the elements of change, I'm gonna guess that the name will change. With that "hardcore, concrete " evidence of the renaming I'm submitting my name(s) for the new bar here. Here's my first.

Cholla Beach Bar

Bob Oso

If people aren't coming back to an establishment, I doubt the name of the place is the reason.

What I'm curious about is if they're going to want this place to pop like The Wrecked, where is everyone going to park. I know they have that lot across the street next to the gas station, and Villa goes nuts trying to keep this boat trailer space's open. But if their expecting patronage to be similar to what it is at The Wrecked...Yikes.

mexicoruss

Lovin it in RP!
If people aren't coming back to an establishment, I doubt the name of the place is the reason.

What I'm curious about is if they're going to want this place to pop like The Wrecked, where is everyone going to park. I know they have that lot across the street next to the gas station, and Villa goes nuts trying to keep this boat trailer space's open. But if their expecting patronage to be similar to what it is at The Wrecked...Yikes.
They have a plan that they are very quiet about, I wouldn't bet against Randy though.

Mexico Joe

Cholla Bay 4 Life

I suspect parking will be where the pangas stage their trailers during the day outside of the police station at the entry to CB and then the bar will have one or two shuttles (golf carts or the like) shuttling customers back and forth.