Just need to vent No response necessary from others

I just need to vent. I have or had been a friend of Ramon Ramos for over 18 years. I spent many holidays and significant life events with him and his family. I really thought I knew him. Before I go further with this rant, I want it known that I believe in not lending money as it never turns out well, however one year ago I did not follow this principal. I lent him a significant amount of money with his promise that it would be repaid by December. Forward to the present, I have received a check from a closed account, promises of monthly payments to my Mexican bank account which has not occurred and lies of when the money would be available for me to pick up. Now that he is not in town and no one knows when he will return, I am ready to kiss the money goodby. I just want it known if any one gets approached by him to lend him money for what sounds like a desperate reason, run as you will never see your money. As for me , I have lost a friend which was worth more than the money lent.

Derek

I just need to vent. I have or had been a friend of Ramon Ramos for over 18 years. I spent many holidays and significant life events with him and his family. I really thought I knew him. Before I go further with this rant, I want it known that I believe in not lending money as it never turns out well, however one year ago I did not follow this principal. I lent him a significant amount of money with his promise that it would be repaid by December. Forward to the present, I have received a check from a closed account, promises of monthly payments to my Mexican bank account which has not occurred and lies of when the money would be available for me to pick up. Now that he is not in town and no one knows when he will return, I am ready to kiss the money goodby. I just want it known if any one gets approached by him to lend him money for what sounds like a desperate reason, run as you will never see your money. As for me , I have lost a friend which was worth more than the money lent.
I did the same on a real estate deal and have given up on a lot of money. If you meet Rita Pizarro that lives in RP do the same and run!

InkaRoads

cronopiador
I am sorry for both of your experiences and hope that does not change your love for RP and its people or at least those that are the reason we come here for along with the beaches and food!!!
But I am not surprise, we were at a party at a house own by local friends in Las Conchas, that I thought of as "nice" people and knew for many years, I was introduce to a guy from Seattle, who also told me that he and his wife knew them well, as the conversation went on he was very clear about telling me to "do not trust any Mexican....." on a very low voice as he was looking at the host of the house, who since we moved full time to RP I noticed some behavior changes on him and started to distancing from them as my wife also noticed some changes on his wife's.
It is unfortunate but it happens all over too!! now we have to more names to add to the black list!!!!

I am sorry for both of your experiences and hope that does not change your love for RP and its people or at least those that are the reason we come here for along with the beaches and food!!!
But I am not surprise, we were at a party at a house own by local friends in Las Conchas, that I thought of as "nice" people and knew for many years, I was introduce to a guy from Seattle, who also told me that he and his wife knew them well, as the conversation went on he was very clear about telling me to "do not trust any Mexican....." on a very low voice as he was looking at the host of the house, who since we moved full time to RP I noticed some behavior changes on him and started to distancing from them as my wife also noticed some changes on his wife's.
It is unfortunate but it happens all over too!! now we have to more names to add to the black list!!!!

It is very sad as I was raised with no bias or prejudice for color, religion or race. I know people get scammed all the time but I always thought it was by those you did not consider a friend. A hard lesson to learn.

So since I have hit various social media venues I have come to find that Ramon Ramos has been a con and thief for many years to both Mexicans and Americans . He continues this behavior with no remorse

rplarry

So since I have hit various social media venues I have come to find that Ramon Ramos has been a con and thief for many years to both Mexicans and Americans . He continues this behavior with no remorse
Sorry for your loss of friendship and the betrayal. Nothing worse than someone you thought you know, turns out to be a rat.

Ramon was the chef at Old Port Galley, and worked for that Linda lady who owned the place. He probably learned his shady techniques from her.

Found this online as well :

https://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g153981-d2086597-r186528818-Restaurante_de_Ramon_at_Sonoran_Sea-Puerto_Penasco_Northern_Mexico.html

“Don't use Ramon for your WEDDING!!!!”

Reviewed December 2, 2013

Ramon promised us all sorts of things but did not deliver. We paid $600.00 for a photographer and have not received pictures nor will he refund us our money or contact me to explain what happened to our WEDDING PICTURES!!! We have NO pictures of our special day!!! Stay away from this Wedding planner as he is a scam artist!!

• Visited October 2013
And this one:

“Horrible Wedding Planner!!!!!”

Reviewed December 2, 2014

Ramon Ramos Peñasco is the worst wedding planner there can be! This wedding planner WILL NOT DELIVER!! He had a whole year to plan a wedding and still was unable to deliver the wedding he had promised the couple. Do not trust this so-called wedding planner. He will make your event a living hell just like he did for my friends wedding. My friend was told that the rooms for family and friends were reserved, they were not. My friend was told the reception area was reserved, it was not. My friend was told that her photo booths were ordered, they were not. My friend was told that the restaurant was reserved, it was not. The food that they provided was not even close to what the couple had ordered. This all happen the day of her wedding. NO ONE DESERVES THIS. Ramon Ramos Peñasco is not reliable and should not be in business.

• Visited October 2014

https://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g153981-d1966390-r242493301-La_Cocina_de_Ramon-Puerto_Penasco_Northern_Mexico.html#

So he has finally made contact with me and the new promise is the money will be repaid in three weeks. I doubt it but I will give him the benefit of this