just saying ....

JGattheSea

PIF Puerto Peñasco
Let us carefully observe those good qualities wherein our enemies excel us;
and endeavor to excel them, by avoiding what is faulty,
and imitating what is excellent in them.
-- Plutarch

jerry

Well Known Member
He talked a good game but as i remember from school if you weren't from the greek cities you weren't shat...a real Homer
Let us carefully observe those good qualities wherein our enemies excel us;
and endeavor to excel them, by avoiding what is faulty,
and imitating what is excellent in them.
-- Plutarch

Kenny

Well Known Member
A good read..Plutarch - His Life and Legacy

Another cause for Plutarch's loss of popularity was that reading skills declined generally with the advent more seductive entertainment such as television and Nintendo games, and the decline of public schools. Plutarch's elaborate sentence structure and long digressions, preserved in the Dryden edition, are a challenge to modern young readers of English, who, if they read at all, require a pruned-down text that gets to the point.

JGattheSea

PIF Puerto Peñasco
I guess I like purpose over popularity most times and other times its fun just to have beer and a smoke and watching the drama unfold till it gets WAY WAY too old ... then back to basics.. do something for someone else and watch the real goodness take hold.

JGattheSea

PIF Puerto Peñasco
.... but one caveat .. remember I am quoting a 1980's RUSH song in my tag line ... so it makes it me easy pickin's to bag on so I generally just channel my inner honey badger LOL

moore_rb

Stay Thirsty My Friends
Plutarch's elaborate sentence structure and long digressions, preserved in the Dryden edition, are a challenge to modern young readers of English, who, if they read at all, require a pruned-down text that gets to the point.

hahaha... a very polite way of saying "modern young readers haven't the attention span required to excel at reading comprehension"

Kenny

Well Known Member
hahaha... a very polite way of saying "modern young readers haven't the attention span required to excel at reading comprehension"
If you read it they expound on that thought a little more than what I put up.