Kinda odd request here, but it's worth a read.

Ok, so family and I originally planned to come down this Monday. Well, I just found out the majority of our family reunion members booked to come down tomorrow, Sunday. So here's where I'm at. I need a place that can sleep 2 adults, 2 kids, has air conditioning, shower, and a bed plus a sleeper sofa for the kids. Any help would be appreciated and rewarded. I'll pay cash in person.

Thanks all for anything you can do.

Robert

YumaJames

If all else fails try Safe Harbor marina. It's in a weird location at the marina, but they have about 6 rental units that hardly ever get used. The units themselves are not bad, full kitchens, bedroom, fold out sofa, A/C, garage, etc. Inexpensive too. Centrally located. If you want a place on the beach with a view this won't work, but if you just want accommodations then maybe so.

Thank you YumaJames. We don't need the view as we can have that within minutes of travel time. I've been going down since about 1989 and I've never heard of Safe Harbor. Any chance you can elaborate further to the location. I appreciate your help.

YumaJames

If you go on googlemaps.com type in "safe marina, puerto penasco" and you'll see where it is in general on their map. I don't really know how to give you directions, the harbor is pretty small around Rocky Point, if you drive by the commercial shrimp boats Safe Marina is about a block from there right on the harbor, there's a sign out front. Being a long weekend am sure it'll be challenging to find a room and this may suit your needs. The rooms are a decent size, kinda like a small apartment, they usually charge around $60, but don't hold me to that being a long weekend.

Good luck!

YumaJames

Another place you may wanna try is Whale Hill. Their website is whalehillrockypoint.com. Huge rooms, 3 beds, kitchenettes, A/C, clean, good price. Should have contact info and directions on their website.

Thank you all. I emailed Posada this morning. We are going to take our chances and just go. There was a hotel I used to stay at in my younger days of going down. It's on the left as you're coming in to RP. Kinda horseshoe shaped parking lot, 2 story building with a little guard shack out front. It was called something like mar sol, or along those lines.
Thank you again.

Rolled the dice and headed down with nothing rented. Soon as I crossed in I called Ruben at WhalehillRV. He had 1 apartment and a 5th wheel available. We took the apartment. Problem solved. Thank you all for the tips.