Known Business Closures

Joe,re-re-read Roberto's reply. He said he was in the Media biz and feels this gives him a better view of the BS they call news that is served to US viewers(similar to a doctor in your example commenting on the hospital business) let's face it man,you again started a thread that highlights the failed RP business scene,lately you constantly scream about the danger (even though you have not been effected) and you seem to miss the point that the lack of fun you seem to be getting out of your mexico experience lately might just be the need for more bran in your diet. The Sharks are eating the Sharks in our version of Jaws...not the tourists!
Jerry....I'm not screaming about the danger....just trying to point out that some people are sticking their heads in the sand, denying that there is a problem in Mexico....thereby giving a false sense of security to someone who doesn't visit regularly.

The level of danger in Penasco has not risen to what would prevent me from going down. But I won't state that there is no danger or try to compare it to any violence in the states! I have always told my friends who ask that I feel safe going down......but I won't poo-poo what is currently happening....and what I see as an escalation of violence in the Penasco area. Everyone has to make a decision based on their experiences and comfort level. There is a risk with just about anything we do...drive a car...walk down the street....take a boat out into the ocean. You just need to be aware of the risks, evaluate them relative to you, and not be lulled into a false sense of safety.

And Jerry, I can guarantee you that I don't need any bran!!! My brain is not plugged up!:moon:

Roberto

Joe Sez: However, I've always felt that people that marched out their degrees/education on this type of a forum (the internet) were somewhat insecure about themselves. I would not march out how many degrees

Sorry about that. It won't happen again. I've been on the forum for some 5 or 6 years and that's the first time I've confessed to being well educated. I only offered that to give a perspective on my thoughts.

Kenny

There are so many great comebacks to those straight line's... I'm having trouble controlling myself, and my laughter.

Last edited:
There are so many great comebacks to those straight line's... I'm having trouble controlling myself, and my laughter.
Kenny...I'm so :fish: :fish: HAPPY :fish::fish: that we could keep you in such good humor!!

Roberto....Unfortunately, I've found that frequently education intelligence:think::moon:

Catorce is closed...the owner is on the run from the Cartel
Which cartel? The body of the young owner of the taco restaurant next to Catorce was found mutilated, and cut up in pieces about one year ago at kilometer post 27 on the Penasco-Sonoyta highway. His death was attributed to a debt that he owed to a cartel. Two cartels have recently been competing for drug routes through Penasco to the US.

jerry

Which cartel? The body of the young owner of the taco restaurant next to Catorce was found mutilated, and cut up in pieces about one year ago at kilometer post 27 on the Penasco-Sonoyta highway. His death was attributed to a debt that he owed to a cartel. Two cartels have recently been competing for drug routes through Penasco to the US.
When you kill the guy that owes you money how do you ever get paid? Plus no free tacos for your crew...

lagrimas85

AKA Carnac
Jack, when somebody owes a debt for drugs you cant take them civil court for damages, they have their own way of settling things and the people that get involved know the consequences of not taking care of their part. He should have stuck to the business he knew. I dont beleive cartels that are worth billions would even monkey a round with a taco guy, that would be like Weyerhauser Forest Products sending their salesmen down to the people building shacks on the railroad tracks trying to sell them cardboard,plywood and 2x4's it was somebody on the bottom rung he probably owed. There is no promisary notes or paperwork in that business its all based on faith and when you dont keep your word you got a problem. I understand that the drugs start with the cartels but that doesn't mean everybody that wholesales them or retails them are members of the cartels.

Last edited:
BACK TO THE THREAD TOPIC...
Thristy Parrot is currently CLOSED and planning a move to the old Portifino location (next to Flavio's, etc.) or is OPEN and planning that move?

Thirsty Parrot posted on their Facebook page that they were officially closed. Other info on this forum indicated that the owner and another person were planning on opening a new place in the OLD Portofino location.

That is very sad news. I know it had sort of a cheesy Jimmy Buffet theme (yes, fightin' words in some quarters), but they were very enthusiastic promoters, the staff was excellent, friendly and accommodating, the view couldn't be beat...And ice-cold AC & free wi-fi!?!? This is just killing my spirit for a trip this month and making the last trip even more depressing, as the whole Malecon was down due to the new power lines being installed. :(

I can report that La Curva is open!

I went by Black Dog....the lights were on, and there were 3-4 cars outside.

Pink Cadillac also had the lights on, and a few vehicles outside.

Capones and Sand Bar were open, as well as Chango's.

Unfortunately for a few of you, Miau Miau (or something like that) and Dunas, are closed. But you can always visit Happy Face Massage, and it looked like Mamacita's and Guau Guau were also open for your diversion!!!:twisted:..Oops...forgot, Blue Zebra is also open....​

There was a rumor floating around town this weekend that the Sandbar would be closing for a couple of months until Spring Break. Saw Chris, one of the owners, and he said definitely NO! They were staying open. So you lushes on the Mirador will continue to have someplace to drink!!:rofl:

Bob Oso

I'm sure it's been brought up already, but I was supprised to see what I was told is a new federal law of no smoking indoors anymore. Of course I was informed of this as I was holding my lit cigarette asking for an ashtray.

I also heard, and hopefully some of the resturant/business owners here can verify this is that there's some sort of employee/employment law or regulation that has been recently instated that is further hindering business's bottom line of RP. From what I understand is that you just don't fire a employee, but that there is a contract and/or pay schedule that goes along with their employement while there or not. Could someone clearify that for me? Sorry for being so vauge.