La Curva

marybna

Went there yesterday for a late lunch. Had there platter for 2. We bought home enough for another meal. $16 is a good deal. We are at Bella Sirena and it does not look like there are alot of people down here. Not a lot of cars at Sun and very few at Las Palmas. There was only 2 tables of people at Pueblo Bonita Friday night.G.oing to Old Port today for luch to my favorite Taco place I found on this site. Then home on Monday

mis2810

It's not exactly high season, or even a holiday weekend. I wouldn't expect a lot of people down there right now.

Roberto

I think Stupid Bowl Sunday keeps a lot of folks at home. Plus maybe saving up for the upcoming 3 day weekend.

jerry

it was a great game.We ate,gambled,laughed a lot and everyone made it out of my buddy'S drive without going off the cliff....The Super Bowl was a blast

I thought there was some talk last year they were closing La Curva. Happy to hear they are still open. I love their food.I miss place that was down the street from the Friendly Dolphin, over by the Malecon. It was near Mickey's.... the Mickey's the old man Lupe (RIP) owned. I just cant recall the name. They had this awsome mexican combo platter that was enough for two.

Casa Del Costa Brava (I believe its closed now)

Last edited:

Ladyjeeper

Sonoran Goddess
Staff member
I agree. I miss the chips with that clear red sauce they used to serve before your meals.... Does anyone know if any restaurants make that now?

La Curva has the chips with the Ranchero sauce, had some today. Sadly they switched over to Tecate, I sorely wanted a Pacifico.
Food was good as usual.

Ladyjeeper

Sonoran Goddess
Staff member
No, it was a clear dark red sauce. They served it over their chips with crumbled monterrey cheese. I can still see it like it was yesterday.... It was delish!

AHHH YES!!! I remember them. I only went twice, but that does stand out as a staple. Kinda like a dark enchilada sauce. Prepared similar to Chilaquilas (sp)
No, it was a clear dark red sauce. They served it over their chips with crumbled monterrey cheese. I can still see it like it was yesterday.... It was delish!

Ladyjeeper

Sonoran Goddess
Staff member
Cocina Economica had them too, but did not serve them when they opened Lolita's.......It wasn't as dark as Enchilada sauce. You could see thru it....

Jim Bob

User is currently banned
La Curva is one of my favorite places to eat every time we are in PP, can't beat the combo dish, or the various fish meals, and the sauces are outa site,

Roberto

I ordered Steak Tampico and got what I expected on one visit. Next visit I ordered the same and was told it was a cut of beef rolled and wrapped with bacon. I said that's not what I go the last time I ordered it here and the waiter said that's the way we make it here. I said well that's what I want Steak Tampico and he brought a cut of beef wrapped in bacon ! Still can't figure that one out. Seems if you want Steak Tampico you have to order Carne Asada.

playaperro

El Pirata
I ordered Steak Tampico and got what I expected on one visit. Next visit I ordered the same and was told it was a cut of beef rolled and wrapped with bacon. I said that's not what I go the last time I ordered it here and the waiter said that's the way we make it here. I said well that's what I want Steak Tampico and he brought a cut of beef wrapped in bacon ! Still can't figure that one out. Seems if you want Steak Tampico you have to order Carne Asada.
Sometimes I wonder why you people are hiding in Mexico. Roberto you ordered Steak "TE PICO" instead of Steak Tampiquena Mexican Steak) Recipe - Food.com - 36372.