La Perla info

mondone

Whitecaps
As I stated in May that I would have more info on this defunct project, I can now confirm that, thanks to the hard work of the Arizona Attorney General's office, a group of us victims have received settlement payments this month, with subsequent annual payments forthcoming in September of '18 and September of '19. All told, we will end up with about 60% of our investments back.

Considering the disaster that became the real estate market in RP at the time (10 years ago) and the fact that the victims of most of those condo tower scams recovered Bupkus, I am personally thrilled at the settlement.

Not only does the settlement feel like the end of a hellacious mental journey, the whole experience made me much smarter (and much, much more skeptical).

I have never spent one red cent in Mexico since this fiasco, and never will. That, and pulling some of my money back out of this "developers" deep pockets, were some of the most important and satisfying decisions of my life.

To those of you who enjoy life down in RP, I wish you the continued good life. You're probably better off having had a bunch of greedy leeches destroy the market down there for two decades or who knows how much longer than that. Nice 'n quiet for y'all.
No reason to be bitter with those of us who did our due diligence and made good decisions buying our Penasco real estate investments. Lesson to all, when you sign the document make sure you are being handed the key in the other hand.

No reason to be bitter with those of us who did our due diligence and made good decisions buying our Penasco real estate investments. Lesson to all, when you sign the document make sure you are being handed the key in the other hand.
I'm not bitter with other investors, I wish the best to all of you whose deals turned out well, was only ever angry with the dishonest developers, and the politicians in Penasco who enabled the behavior and attempted to insulate the developers by calling the economic downturn a "Force Majeure (sp?)"

JimMcG

As often as not, in a wide open Mexican system vulnerable to abuse, there is usually an American developer and crew which capitalizes on it. Potential buyers usually feel more comfortable and trusting towards Americans which can lead to financial loss especially in a market downturn. Financial recovery is few and far between for most of these types of investors.
Well done indeed!