Labor Day is coming

Luna

Sea Shell Goddess
Have to agree. I think mid to late June is my favorite time of year there.

If it weren't for these 40 plus hours a week jobs that demand our attention in the summer months we would attempt to experience them again. My B-day is in June and cannot think of a better reason. For now, however, we can get away in October and May and so far that has been fantastic weather. I would imagine right about now is the worst because it sure sucks in Phoenix . . . 111 today!

flicks

Well we can't take it anymore.. Or wait till October.. We will be down on the 21st of September & in Oct as well... Can't wait....:thumbsup:

AZRob

I have been there a number of times in late August and Labor Day and have lucked out what with the onshore breezes.

Last year went in late September, 25th for five days of hell. Hot humid and no relief. I'm going in late October or early
November this fall. Next year, Good Lord willin, we're going in late August again.
Im with you. Im going later this year. Last was not good but OK. Its better by the beach and the stores to go when its a little cooler out. More places are open then.

mondone

Whitecaps
I spent this past weekend down there and it had to be the hottest, most muggy 2 days I ever experienced in RP.:desert:

AZRob

I spent this past weekend down there and it had to be the hottest, most muggy 2 days I ever experienced in RP.:desert:
I hear you, the stores were not open until the weekend, bummer. I was window shopping and wanted to buy. the wife was bummed. But we are hitting it soon as it cools down a little. GREAT fun down there.

mis2810

I hear you, the stores were not open until the weekend, bummer. I was window shopping and wanted to buy. the wife was bummed. But we are hitting it soon as it cools down a little. GREAT fun down there.
When you say "stores" are you talking about the shops down at the Malecon and on Rodeo Drive?

I have experienced many hot, hot muggy, no wind days and nights and that was before we had electricity in Cholla. Run a generator, drink a ton of beer and hope the generator doesn't run out of gas before you wake. We are so spoiled now, just hit the remote for super cool for my A/C go out for 3 hours and come back to a cooler drier house. And pray the electric doesn't go out. Aug/September are generally brutal there.

Kenny

Ha, we didn't have generators or coolers at Cholla when I was a kid and it was so hot and muggy the lizards living on the ceiling of Nachos huts were dripping sweat on us. :p

Last edited:

Luna

Sea Shell Goddess
I have been there a number of times in late August and Labor Day and have lucked out what with the onshore breezes.

Last year went in late September, 25th for five days of hell. Hot humid and no relief. I'm going in late October or early
November this fall. Next year, Good Lord willin, we're going in late August again.
We will also be there end of October/early November. Tides will not be as great as we would like, but we will be south of the border and that is all we really care about :gradea:

Jellyfish

I won't lie, but We have been down for every Labor Day for 10 years, and do not plan to stop. As long as I have the ocean and air cond. I can make it. But it is not for the weak.

mrnoyb

We were down during late September last year and it was uncomfortably hot & humid. We visited again the first week of November and the weather was terrific. So this year we plan a trip just after the rally in November.

October 10th-15th is when the weather finally changes from uncomfortable to great. I have been there to see it happen over the last 20+ years. Just amazing what can happen in a week.