Laguna Del Mar Golf Course

AZJD

Hi all,

Been to RP many times....love playing golf at Peninsula de Cortez and Las Palomas. Never been to Laguna Del Mar.

Is it still open? How much to play? Anybody been there recently to report on course conditions?

Also - how do you get there? Looks like it's north of Cholla Bay? Thanks!

Roberto

Don't know about the condition of the course but they had an ad in September's Join Us. "Play any day for $45, Wed. $30 plus 2x1 drinks , Twilight speicial $30 3:00 to sunset play as many hole as you can. Reservations: 638-383-0000 extension 'golfshop',
e-mail [email protected]

As you leave Penasco toward Sonoita you come to a large intersection out of town, lots of signage. Right turn is to the Mayan and Caborca, left turn is towards Laguna del Mar. It's an odd intersection as you have to exit the highway to the right, then swing around , cross the highway (after you stop!) then go straight about a mile or 2 you will cross the RR track and pass the new coastal highway coming in on your right hand side. Going straight there is no place else to end up than Laguna del Mar.

That's all I know.

We played the course in late June. Now, I'm probably not the best person to report on the conditions of the course, because I only play "cheap" courses to begin with. (I suck sooo bad at the game that I refuse to pay big bucks for it). I love the course, but mainly because it's never crowded, the views are spectacular (I've been to the other two courses and overall, I think LDM has the better views) and the people who work there are so nice. The course itself isn't in too bad of shape.....of course, the other two are much better, but for the money, you can't beat it!!! Keep in mind, it is nine holes.....you go around twice. We will be playing it next week sometime, more than likely on Wednesday, so I can give you more details then if you'd like........

Played there first weekend in August - we were a three-some and the only players on the course until about our 16th hole or so - then 3 other people arrived. It was $30 per person - there were more people working then playing. The course is nice (only 9 holes which you play twice) - the staff was very nice - the course was in pretty good condition considering it was the middle of summer. While its not the Mayan Palace course it is a good course. Also, it is a links course and pretty wide open so you can make an error and recover.