Laguna Shores mentioned in article - not in a good way

La Huerita

Well Known Member
A video of a timeshare presentation at Laguna Shores was the prime focus of this article: Scoop du Jour: 17 Minutes and 26 Seconds of Pure Timeshare Hell! It was presented as a worst practices kind of thing that was so painful for the author to watch that he nearly vomited, lol.

The video is embedded in the article, and it IS painful to watch, on several levels. I didn't know if I should laugh or cry. See what you think... http://insidethegate.com/2015/08/scoop-du-jour-17-minutes-and-26-seconds-of-pure-timeshare-hell/ :p

Hillbeartoe

Well Known Member
Ok, I had to stop when the girl asked for their Credit Card.

Since we are on the LSR topic, has anyone heard any news about the Manager or whoever it was that was detained back in July?

JimMcG

Well Known Member
I must be missing something here since this is quite benign compared to other presentations such as at the Mayan, where people have reported being denied egress until they are sufficiently worn down, and just sign so they could leave.

La Huerita

Well Known Member
I must be missing something here since this is quite benign compared to other presentations such as at the Mayan, where people have reported being denied egress until they are sufficiently worn down, and just sign so they could leave.
I think the author was looking at it from a professional sales person's point of view, talking about how criminally amateurish the presentation was. He said, "But I’ve seen many poorly run and operated TS marketing and sales operations throughout the world over the past few decades and this one just might be the worst one within our great global industry."

Everything they did would make a real, professional sales person cringe. Seriously, they did every single thing wrong from the time they shook hands on.

Hillbeartoe, I've also wondered if anyone knew anything about Michael Kline supposedly being detained last July. Has anyone seen him around lately ????????

Southbeacher

Well Known Member
Sales presentation! This was more like applying for a mortgage loan with bad credit -- except not as quick, easy and friendly. At least they stopped short of a body-cavity search. (Or maybe that's why they didn't show Part 2.)

Last edited:

JimMcG

Well Known Member
My experience, with very few exceptions tells me that in the world of time share presentations, the term 'professional salesman' is at best an oxymoron to describe the numerous con artists who are attracted to the game of selling a vastly overpriced piece of 'Paradise'.
This can be easily verified by checking the resale price of existing timeshares by those purchasers who have become completely disillusioned by the price of their purchase and subsequent maintenance and carrying costs.

Estella

Nothing new here. Mexico always had very good tourist potential but they just don't know how to sell.

garyd

Well Known Member
It's bad enough that the project is on the low end of Timeshare Resorts in general but the sales process is sad. How many times do you have to show a credit card and ID before you can find out what they are offering?