Las Palomas Banditos

I have a more simple question. You two both seem to be very involved in the rental situation of Las Palomas. Can you give us a general idea of the occupancy rates? Do most people come down for just the weekend or for a full week? I understand that different owners will market their properties better, but I was trying to understand general trends. For those of us new to RP, are there strong months and dead months? Is it changing in one direction or another? It is hard to read trends from VRBO on this area, because it looks like most people remove many of their comments for some reason (there seem to be lots of date gaps on comments). We were impressed with the facility, even if we are extremely worried about the politics, so we continue to try an understand IF we should risk buying there.

I'll state that I don't own at Las Palomas....but a friend of mine dies...and is a full time resident. From what he's told me (hopefully I haven't misnderstood....I'm sure that dry heat will correct/chastise me if I've misstated), is that the resort/HOA is controlled by a Mexican group, and it has been impossible to get changes made that they don't agree with.....they have deep pockets and even legal recourse has not been possible.

dry heat

Pigeon coup coordinator
I have a more simple question. You two both seem to be very involved in the rental situation of Las Palomas. Can you give us a general idea of the occupancy rates? Do most people come down for just the weekend or for a full week? I understand that different owners will market their properties better, but I was trying to understand general trends. For those of us new to RP, are there strong months and dead months? Is it changing in one direction or another? It is hard to read trends from VRBO on this area, because it looks like most people remove many of their comments for some reason (there seem to be lots of date gaps on comments). We were impressed with the facility, even if we are extremely worried about the politics, so we continue to try an understand IF we should risk buying there.
I would say between the months of March - August, October the average renter stays longer (ex. 4 nights). Very common to have renters stay a full week during these months. I would say the average owner could book half the month during this time period. During the other months the average renter stays 3 nights. The slowest months are Nov - Feb (Jan and Feb are literally dead in hardly any renters). Many resorts are trying to work the Canadian market since many vacation those months.

dry heat

Pigeon coup coordinator
I'll state that I don't own at Las Palomas....but a friend of mine dies...and is a full time resident. From what he's told me (hopefully I haven't misnderstood....I'm sure that dry heat will correct/chastise me if I've misstated), is that the resort/HOA is controlled by a Mexican group, and it has been impossible to get changes made that they don't agree with.....they have deep pockets and even legal recourse has not been possible.
The resort is controlled by a Mexican Group. However in my opinion this will be changing soon (hopefully within the next few months). The goal is to eventually have the owners control the HOA (I believe we are heading in this direction). Yes, they have a team of lawyers, however so do we (owners). it has been a long drawn out process involving tedious (sp) negotiations back and forth for a long time. I think we are finally at the end.