las palomas or sonoran sky?

mojo

We are planning a July trip to Rocky Point. I found 2 great condos to rent, one at Las Palomas and one at Sonoran Sky. I have read good and bad about both. Anyone have any suggestions? Thanks so much.

azfish

I stayed at Las Palomas about 8yrs ago and the rooms were nasty. The one room had blood on the furniture. Had to switch rooms. Dont know about the other one. Who knows they could of fixed the place up. The pool and bar were nice and the beach.

dwig222

I think it depends on what you like to do. I like the Sonoran properties because I like to be close to the water. They are smaller resorts with just one big tall building facing the water. You won't sit on your patio and see rooftops of the smaller casitas and buildings. If you have children, I've heard the pools at Los Palomas are really nice. I have heard bad things about Los Palomas, but I don't know if they are true. The resort is not completed so you have to look at that too.

I know when you rent at Sonoran directly from their web site, you will get the total fee. I've heard that when you rent from LP they quote you a room rate, but then there are lots of additional charges.

AZJD

Bella Sirena is the nicest complex on Sandy Beach. It's the only place I will stay at from now on. It's awesome.

AZJD

But if I had to chose, I'd chose Las Palomas because the pool is better. Some of the condos there are pretty nice too. But the Sonoran is also a good place too. I'd rank them pretty comparable.

AZ ROB

I prefer the Sonorans as they are on the water and everyone seems to be more friendly than the big metropolis of Las Polamas. Bella Sirena is nice and I almost bought there but it is not Ocean Front and I prefer not to look over the tops of homes.

El Gato

Bella Sirena is the nicest complex on Sandy Beach. It's the only place I will stay at from now on. It's awesome.
I agree about Bella Sirena. It is especially nice for families. Has great pools and swim up bar, tennis court and grass areas. Has the most beautiful grounds of any of the resorts. Units are beautiful too.